Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:15 am Post subject: Release Analyst - Permanent - London
• Assessing and planning the total flow of changes coming forward for deployment.
• Planning and agreeing the content of deployments of application software into the production environment with the relevant business, project and programme management.
• Creating and updating the release documents which reflect the current plan for future deployments.
• Co-ordinate the activities of all those involved in implementation, this includes chairing scheduling release/deployment meetings, and documenting all activities.
• Manage the dependencies between changes and releases across projects and business areas.
• Managing all stages of deployments of both releases and small changes from creation of the Release Content Definition to deployment.
• Prior to a deployment, ensuring all pre-deployment checks are carried out
• Minimum 5+ years hands on Release Management experience within fast paced environment.
• Successful liaison between IT functions and User Departments, to facilitate effective and timely implementations.
• High-level, specialist experience of managing large volumes of code and multiple systems to an aggressive release timetable.
• Evidence of a thorough understanding of project lifecycles methodologies.
• Ability to communicate at all levels from senior execs through to 1st line support.
• Previous experience of working within ITIL disciplines advantageous. Candidate should also have prior experience of Change Management and should understand fully the links between the two disciplines.
• Experience of using development tools such as TTP, perforce, Bladelogic etc..
• Strong personality and able to educate users in the benefits of Release Management and ensure policies are adhered to by all parties.
• Excellent communication skills as candidate will have to deal with all areas of the company.
• Attention to detail with a high degree of pride in work produced.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum