Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: EFlanagan
New Today: 25
New Yesterday: 76
Overall: 143363

People Online:
Visitors: 50
Members: 3
Total: 53 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITSM Cost & recommended training?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITSM Cost & recommended training?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
walterbyrd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: ITSM Cost & recommended training? Reply with quote

I am in Colorado, USA.

As I understand it, the ITIL can be aquired by self-study, and a fairly inexpensive prometrics exam.

But, the ITSM requires training - or you can't take the exam.

So what does the training cost, and how much does the exam cost?

Also, can anybody recommend reasonably priced ITSM training?

Thank you.
dboylan
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: ITSM Cost & recommended training? Reply with quote

walterbyrd wrote:
I am in Colorado, USA.

As I understand it, the ITIL can be acquired by self-study, and a fairly inexpensive prometrics exam.

But, the ITSM requires training - or you can't take the exam.

So what does the training cost, and how much does the exam cost?

Also, can anybody recommend reasonably priced ITSM training?

Thank you.

I believe you are confused with your terms. ITSM is an acronym for IT Service Management. This is an umbrella field of knowledge that ITIL, MOF, CMMI methodologies try to address by establishing defined processes in place to support the delivery of IT services.

I think what you are asking is if the ITIL Service Manager's certification requires classroom training. The answer to that is yes. EXIN requirements for obtaining the Service Manager's certification requires a certain number of hours of classroom teaching along with a signed form from the instructor noting that the student participated and showed knowledge of the material covered.
dboylan
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to who offers reasonably priced training, I can't really answer that. I know I paid a large sum out of my own pocket to obtain my Service Manager's training. Although at the end of the test, I thought the money was well spent.
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a quick google, I found a course (2 x 5 days, plus 1 revision day, plus the 2 exam fees) for $8,500. Not cheap, butworth it if you pass!
WendyB
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my ITIL Service Manager's through the ITSM Academy - it came to $7,500 + air fair & room/board

AND I passed it as did one of the other two that took the exam with me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: