Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: AHagenaue
New Today: 60
New Yesterday: 68
Overall: 131820

People Online:
Visitors: 36
Members: 2
Total: 38 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Looking for an ITIL product solution for a SME
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for an ITIL product solution for a SME

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ereddy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Looking for an ITIL product solution for a SME Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I'm currently using HEAT 8.x but I'm finding that it's not meeting my needs. I'm looking to find a product suite that is ITIL certified but geared towards Small and Medium sized enterprises. HEAT is great as a simple cookie cutter type of service desk tool, but it's poorly support outside the organization (try and find a turn-key document on SLA Smile )

I know BMC has a 'magic' version, and so does Front Range. I'm looking for a product that has lot of support, both from the organization, and outside. As a former Remedy developer, I'm looking for a malleable product that will do help desk, CMDB, problem management, SLA, or the entire ITIL infrastructure suite.

IF you know of any, please drop me a line! I'm anxious to get my current system replaced before it gives me ulcers.
rjp
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ereddy, (I am a former Remedy developer too),

You might like to take a look at the solution from Service-Now.

They have a demo at service-now<dot>com<slash>demo. The home site has a lot of good info, and is surprisingly well written for a marketing site.

The difference with this one is that it is a hosted solution. I have had a look at it, but haven't deployed it.

I believe it was developed by the same guy who was CTO on the Peregrine and Remedy development projects.

I have heard that it has a very good cost structure - being hosted the entry level at total functionality is very low compared to comepetitors.

Seems to be very ITIL/ITSM focused - more so than some common solutions. As near as I can make out from playing on the demo site it's as close to an out-of-the-box useable tool as I've seen.

Can't recommend it straight out as I don't have any connection to anyone actually deploying it. Though it is hosted, it is supposed to be customisable, and they claim they support data collection and integration through auto discovery technologies. Not sure how, and I would examine these very closely if I was considering it. I would also want to be very comfortable about data security.

But if it all stacks up it might be a way for an SME to get teir 1 ITIL capabilities at less than Heat/Magic level costs.

So if you are able or willing to consider hosted solutions it is probably worth a look.

BTW: If you did go into any pre-sales with those guys I'd really appreciate some word on your toughts or impressions.
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a word of warning - what do you mean by ITIL Certified - because there is no such theng. You may see tools which have been "Pink Verified" but this is a scheme run by Pink Elephant - not the OGC, or ITSMF or similar. Pink Elephant compare tools to their own criteria.
"PinkVerify™ indicates that a tool meets Pink Elephant’s mandatory and integration criteria for ITIL compatibility for four of the following ITIL IT Service Support processes: Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration Management. A Service Support Enhanced certification indicates that the tool is compatible with the four core Service Support processes, plus at least one of the following: Availability, Release and/or Service Level Management.
Additional certification levels are now available for tools meeting the verification criteria for Change and Release Management (Service Deployment) or Availability and Capacity Management (Service Monitoring). "
You may feel that this is helpful - which it might well be, but it is not an offical certificaion.

Guerino1
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ereddy,

We offer an On-Demand ITIL tools platform (web browser accessible) that seems to be drumming up a lot of interest in Small to Medium sized enterprises. If you're interested, feel free to contact us through the web site and we can have someone provide you with a WebEx demo.

Regards,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> The ITIL Service Desk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: