Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: SXju
New Today: 7
New Yesterday: 76
Overall: 143345

People Online:
Visitors: 67
Members: 1
Total: 68 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Impact of the refresh on certification
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Impact of the refresh on certification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VinC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Impact of the refresh on certification Reply with quote

I am interested in challenging the ITIL Foundation Exam but am concerned about the impact that the refresh will have on the certification scheme.

The products of the refresh have been reported to be released sometime this September which coincides with the academic schedule. As soon as the semester starts I will not be able to focus on anything other than school.

I have read Service Delivery, Business Perspective: The IS View on Delivering Services to the Business and could push myself to finish Service Support by the end of the month but do not want to take the risk of failing the exam. I can't afford to fail.

My employer has kindly provided me with all the ITIL material I can read but my term ends at the end of August and as an individual I cannot spare any money to purchase the newer v3 material.

What would you do if you were in my situation? I should ultimately read the v3 but maybe I should write the test while the material is still fresh.

Many thanks
itilimp
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd personally say go for the exam whilst the opportunity presents itself.

V3 material won't be out with updated exams until 1st qtr next year at the earliest is my guess (most likely the exams will be updated 2nd qtr). So if you've got the material under your belt now and someone paying for you to do so, go for it.

(Just to check, are you talking about the ITIL Foundation exam because if so, you don't need to have read the service support and service delivery books to pass it, although it gives you a good headstart.)
VinC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct, I'm talking about the ITIL Foundation Exam.

Acutally the company I'm working for is just beginning to implement ITIL, and one of the things my supervisor has gotten me to do is to read through material and regurgitate the Cole's Notes version.

It's great if the exams aren't going to updated with the release and it should give me the extra time that I so desperately need to cram and review. No disrespect to the authors, but the material is rather dry I definately don't want to re-read stuff that is 60, 70, 80% similar! Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: