Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: DMcAllist
New Today: 26
New Yesterday: 70
Overall: 146125

People Online:
Visitors: 66
Members: 4
Total: 70 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL (Help) Procedure
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL (Help) Procedure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirkverhagen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: ITIL (Help) Procedure Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have to implement/write some procedures for an ICT Service organisation that is 4 FTE. What they want is (very) simlpe and probably an good idea. By reading, searching for information I taste ITIL and procedures that match but not everything/all so I need a little help. Also I really not have a idea where to start exactly.

The ICT Service organisation does the ICT services for 30 clients (not all too big). They want to assign a person to a client, this person is responsible for this client and thus the incidents etc. This responsible person is NOT the only one that solves incidents/make changes etc. his collegeus do this too for his client. This responsible person is also responsible for any documentation. Anything that has been reported,solved,changed etc. for his client by his collegeus has to be reported to the responsible person so he can keep track of these and use them to find any PROBLEMS.

Fot this I have to write a procedure. As I said I have not a real idea where to start (what do i need to start) and what to write and how to write it as a procedure (how do I write a procude? maybe template?). Maybe anyone can help me with a start, provide some information or send me some good URLs or Documents.

Also I wanted to ask which ITIL processes I maybe can use for this procedure?

Any help is welcome.
Thanks in advantage,

dirkverhagen123 [at] yahoo [dot] com
srinikrish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ITIL (Help) Procedure Reply with quote

Hi.

Hope you have started on the procedural writing. As I understand from you mail, you need a kickstart.

It's simple you need have a frame work with list of activities,
Widen your view on the listed activities.
For Eg:- Service Desk Activities.
- Call logging.
- Assinging tickets.
- Allocation of calls.
- Call status.

Process should not be complicated & you need to start which is acceptable , simple and Put into practice.

Wish you all the best!.

Srinivasan
srini@quadrigait.com

dirkverhagen wrote:
Hello all,

I have to implement/write some procedures for an ICT Service organisation that is 4 FTE. What they want is (very) simlpe and probably an good idea. By reading, searching for information I taste ITIL and procedures that match but not everything/all so I need a little help. Also I really not have a idea where to start exactly.

The ICT Service organisation does the ICT services for 30 clients (not all too big). They want to assign a person to a client, this person is responsible for this client and thus the incidents etc. This responsible person is NOT the only one that solves incidents/make changes etc. his collegeus do this too for his client. This responsible person is also responsible for any documentation. Anything that has been reported,solved,changed etc. for his client by his collegeus has to be reported to the responsible person so he can keep track of these and use them to find any PROBLEMS.

Fot this I have to write a procedure. As I said I have not a real idea where to start (what do i need to start) and what to write and how to write it as a procedure (how do I write a procude? maybe template?). Maybe anyone can help me with a start, provide some information or send me some good URLs or Documents.

Also I wanted to ask which ITIL processes I maybe can use for this procedure?

Any help is welcome.
Thanks in advantage,

dirkverhagen123 [at] yahoo [dot] com
m_croon
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk,

Why bother with starting on the paper work? What is your goal? Do you want to survive an audit? Do you want improvements for your customer?
I certainly do not imply that written procedures are unimportant, but you often see in small organisations (yours is 4 FTE) that people will be able to find each other without the paperwork.

Why not a different approach, where you start with some quick wins. Aim at the marketing of your dept (one phone number which you promote for instance), and register the primary and secondary responsibilities (=people) per customer in a simple excelsheet (which you might want to lock to prevent all 4 people to alter it at will). Set up a simple weekly report (# of open /closed calls per customer).

Only after you established this, write the procedures, and avoid creating a gap between "ist" and "soll", in other words make sure that the paperwork reflects the actual way the 4 FTE work. Try not to work out all processes at once (overload), but start with incident and problem mgt.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Michiel (wat is je lokatie?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: