Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: PMaye
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 85
Overall: 141338

People Online:
Visitors: 78
Members: 2
Total: 80 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Rate suggestion for CI <-> Problem Management Team Dev
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rate suggestion for CI <-> Problem Management Team Dev

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabcamara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Rate suggestion for CI <-> Problem Management Team Dev Reply with quote

Hi friends,
I'm looking for any suggestion to rate:

Number of Configuration Items vs Number of Problem Management Team Development

Number of Users vs Number of Incident Management Team Contact (phone)

Any thought?

Fabio Camara
m_croon
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabio,

I am not sure what you mean with the first issue:
Quote:
Number of Configuration Items vs Number of Problem Management Team Development

Regarding the second: this ratio will entirely depend on the nature of the ICT-services supported by the service desk and the maturity of your incident management proces (including monitoring the advance of incident solution over your entire IT dept.). First line desktop support will give a different ratio from second line application management, especially when there is a major incident for instance (desktop mgt: more phonecalls than application management with increased chance of not registering them). If you have your proces streamlined with an active monitoring role for your service desk, there will be less calls about the status of existing (already registered) incidents which will also influence the ratio.

How about your own organisation? Do you have any insight yet in your own ratio? If you don't: why not start measuring right now? ITIL basicly states that you should register every (phone)call, and in some organisations I've adviced, you saw them actually registering every call separately, even when the call was about the status of an earlier (already registered) call. To me, that is not the course to take. If I were you, I'd make sure that you have some way of registering in an existing incident (and change) a 'what is the status of my previously reported incident'call, in a reportable way. That way, you can:
1. get the number of phone calls from your PABX or equivalent
2. get the number of 'unique' calls from your service management tool by counting the number of calls, and
3. get the number of status-questions from the 'reportable' registering mentioned above.

1 / (2+3) should get you a ratio. I guarantee you that if you have this ratio with some historic data, you will be ahead of many companies.

Not entirely an answer to your question, but hope this helps.
fabcamara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really help me. Thanks!

About CI, I try to say:

I have 1.000 Configuration Items like source code, stored procedures, tables and specification documents. How many developers should I have to support it?

I have no historical data so far, we are trying to implement it right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: