Joined: May 27, 2005 Posts: 79 Location: Madrid-Spain
Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:02 pm Post subject: Customer satisfaction Surveys for Service Desk and IM?
I am right now implementing Service Desk function and Incident management, as you know to obtain a great maturity level (about 5 in these ITIL process and ITIL function) is necessary to implement customer satisfaction surveys and study trends and results of these surveys.
Please do you have any template or example you may could share to elaborate these surveys in a useful way?
Sorry for the delay! These are the questions we currently ask on our call closure surveys:
1. How do you rate the technical knowledge of the Support Officer
who served you?
2. How do you rate the speed of the resolution?
3. How do you rate the quality of the call resolution supplied to you?
4. How do you rate the general attitude of our support staff?
5. Please rate your overall Helpdesk experience on this occassion.
6. If someone had to visit your workstation, did they arrive when
Questions 1-5 can choose from:
and have the option to add comments for each if they wish.
Question 6 is a straight yes/no, again with space for comments if they wish.
You have to be careful about what you draw from the results, but we've found it particularly reassuring as a counterbalance to those that vocally complain about service when it seems the majority (of respondents anyway!) are pretty happy. Of course, you have to watch the response rates as if they tail off significantly it could indicate many things, e.g.:
- the surveys are too frequent
- the feedback and their usage isn't passed on to the users themselves
- service is so bad and nothing changes so they can't be bothered to complete the survey
- service is so good and they've already told us so, so can't be bothered to complete the survey
The list goes on.
We also surveyed 6 months into a launch of a consolidated virtual help desk to ascertain people's feelings which featured a different set of targetted question.
Whatever you use, know what your objective is, how you are going to use the information, then follow through (need management support on this one).
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum