Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: LBarrier
New Today: 66
New Yesterday: 76
Overall: 142361

People Online:
Visitors: 57
Members: 1
Total: 58 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Remedy and ITIL
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remedy and ITIL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hartungjl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Remedy and ITIL Reply with quote

I'm currently spearheading a transition process for a govt agency to ITIL. Well, sort of. This was dropped in my lap when they gentlemen I was supposed to be supporting in this process was fired the day I was hired.
Anyway, this agency will be transitioning from FrontRange HEAT to hopefully, the full Remedy suite, but for now just starting with the svc desk app. With the new FY, we're not looking at an install until mid to late December. In the meantime, I am to attempt to figure out three things.
1. Remedy installation best practices with folks who are currently "going" ITIL.
2. The best way to incorporate Altiris with Remedy
3. Knowledge base and decision tree building prior to installation.

Now, here's the hard part......all data left from HEAT will be scrapped. The svc desk is starting from scratch with Remedy.
Also, the agency I'm working with is extremely resource and budget limited due to their primary mission. i.e., minimal svc desk personell and any ITIL process owners will be doing it on a limited part time basis.
My roll? They have yet to strictly define that one.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I am cert. in ITIL practitioner and foundations. But that was over a year ago.
Nikhil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there,
I just get a feeling the company wants to implement ITIL, for some certification or other and there is actually no mgmt commitment there.
I work with a company and have lots of experience implementing remedy at various clients. what I have learnt over a period of time is that unless u get ur mgmt involved in a big way, the implementation will go on shelf.
implementation of ITSM with any product is a long process with many stakeholders. the start u have is rite there, only SD to start with, but u should have the overall product knowledge. ur configurations should consider future implementations of other tools like change mgmt, cmdb, slm's.
also implementing remedy is a lil heavy on the pockets, and ur company should be willing to go that extra mile.
so start with gaining mgmt commitment and involve a third party agency with good experience. else it will be a big waste of time and money if things are not handeled well.
good luck.
cMango.. The Services Management Company

The taste of low quality lingers long after the satisfaction of low price.
m_croon
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

For a framework on the "soft" aspects of project management / management of change (aspects such as mgt commitment), Might I suggest that you search the net for John P Kotter's 8 steps for succesfull changes. It might just give you some extra insight where to focus on.

Good luck,

Michiel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> The ITIL Service Desk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: