Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: NEJB
New Today: 80
New Yesterday: 63
Overall: 149754

People Online:
Visitors: 54
Members: 2
Total: 56 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Foundation Certification
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Foundation Certification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
opsmanager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: ITIL Foundation Certification Reply with quote

I'm new to ITIL, but have CISA and CISSP certifications. If I pass the ITIL Foundation exam, what are the letters that correspond to the certification? In other words, what letters do I put behind my name?
Luce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for you regarding the CISSP, how hard was the test? How long did you study for prior to committing to the test and how much real world knowledge did you have implementing security prior to studying?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, looking to take the CISSP post ITIL.
peppermint
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opsmanager,

I don't know about any letters which you can apply on a business card. At one point in time I was looking for a 'green badge' logo that can be put on your cv for example, but gave it up.
However, you might want to become member of the Institute of Service Management, and depending on your membership rank, you can apply various letters.
Hope this helped.

pep
opsmanager

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: CISSP Exam Reply with quote

Luce wrote:
Question for you regarding the CISSP, how hard was the test? How long did you study for prior to committing to the test and how much real world knowledge did you have implementing security prior to studying?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, looking to take the CISSP post ITIL.

I had about 5 several years of IT auditing experience, mostly related to security, prior to taking the CISSP exam. So, I had a good background going in. I studied about 6 months. Mostly reading free online material.
The test was very hard. Much harder than the CISA exam. They do not give you your score if you pass, so I have no indication if I over studied or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: