Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ivyno69
New Today: 12
New Yesterday: 75
Overall: 142306

People Online:
Visitors: 64
Members: 0
Total: 64

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Understanding on incident, problem changeorder categories
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Understanding on incident, problem changeorder categories

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Understanding on incident, problem changeorder categories Reply with quote

hi all,

I need to have a clear understanding about request,incident, problem and changeorder request area.
can anyone help me understand
1.purpose of each field as in i understand w.r.t request,incident, problem, changeorder category alone but how are they interrealted......???
2.In an ITIL implementation does incident, problem and changeorder categories be strictly identical.???
3.Do we have any best practise to determine which goes where???/

Thanks,
Jaan
eisbergsk
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Understanding on incident, problem changeorder categorie Reply with quote

Jaan wrote:
hi all,
can anyone help me understand
2.In an ITIL implementation does incident, problem and changeorder categories be strictly identical.???

Hi, Jaan - I replied to what may be a similar question in one of the Problem Management topics posted by leebc (he/she asked about similar categories for Incident and Problem). what I said was: In our organization, yes they match, and these actually match the high-level categories of the CMDB.
We keep it fairly simple. Our current 5 categories are: Application, Network, Server, Environment (includes printers, peripherals and other misc stuff that we look after) and Documents/Procedures.
What is interesting is that an incident is almost NEVER in the document/procedure category, and that 30% of problems may require a change to a procedure to resolve a known error.
I think some consistency in naming helps.
Our ChangeMgmt is tied to the CMDB, so the same categories are used there, too.

Does this help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Problem Management All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: