Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ATalarico
New Today: 13
New Yesterday: 78
Overall: 144647

People Online:
Visitors: 54
Members: 1
Total: 55 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Books - The Green Book
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Books - The Green Book

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harvey
Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: ITIL Books - The Green Book Reply with quote

Has anyone here ever read the "Green Book" on Implementing ITIL?

Opinions?
mcardinal
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read all of the ITIL books. I like them all, but of course I am a purist when it comes to best practices. I think the Planning to Implement book has some good straightforward advice. It helps to reinforce my own view that Service Management is more of a philosophy or culture that it is about implementing a number of processes. I am still working on convincing my own organization of my view and even others outside my firm.

Any particular questions?
adenoitz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: ITIL books for newb Reply with quote

hi, i'm still a newb in ITIL. I'm still confused where do I have to start. I'm try to looking for some ITIL refference, and i found so many ITIL official books, don't know which book I have to read.
Is anyone could give me any refference of ITIL foundation books that will works for a beginner like me. Which books i have to read to start learning about ITIL.
ItilChap

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your start point is surely to read websites like this one: that will give you an idea.

Then perhaps the ITIL books themselves (you'll understand where they fit if you read about the structure of ITIL) and perhaps the ITIL Toolkit.

Note though that they don't allow links to be posted on this forum, presumably to prevent link spamming and advertising.
mcardinal
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adenoitz,

Start with one of the ITIL overview books (itSMF Pocket guides are good--small portable and relatively cheap--available from the IT Service Management organization websites). Then head to either the Green Book (Planning to Implement) or the Red (Service Delivery) or Blue (Service Support) books. Then dive into the others as needed.

Michael
rjp
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it.

It has a few things in it that are good value - and will help you understand the philosophy of ITIL, and I have referred to it in a number of my posts on this forum, but....

From a practical point of view though - for people who are actually planning an implementation - it's a checklist, and a pretty expensive checklist at that. Confused It has a lot of summaries of methodologies, but you will either need to already know them, or go somewhere else to get the details.

For implementers it will only be peanuts compared to the overall cost of an implementation - so get it for the value it will add - or just becasue it's nice to complete the set Smile

For beginners, who are just lookiing for an overview, Michael's advice is excellent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Related Topics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: