Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: AviaJok
New Today: 33
New Yesterday: 106
Overall: 149910

People Online:
Visitors: 42
Members: 1
Total: 43 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Resit exam pressure!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Resit exam pressure!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweetie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: ITIL Resit exam pressure! Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Everyone who I have seen in these forums seems to have passed their foundation ITIL first time, but for me, I actually failed mine, by 2 marks and was gutted.

I have my resit next Wednesday and feeling very sick in my stomach with nerves and not wanting to fail second time round.

I have been doing some more reading/revision and then hoping that my understanding was of a higher level? I attempted a couple of previous mock ITIL exams / warm up exercises but still the initial scores were averaging only 26, it was only after a second attempt at the same exercise that the scores were much higher, but it shouldn't have been in this order!!!

Perhaps my revision techniques are not effective for me, can anyone advise on their own revision techniques?

I have recently purchased the ITIL Foundation Exam preparation, so I will continue to test myself on this, I have only completed a couple of the smaller exercises which weren't too bad but still have quite alot of practice tests to complete on there.

I'm hoping that I'm going to remember all/most of the incorrect answers from the test exams, but I think I have problems in sometimes deciphering the contect/meaning of the question? I find some of the answers abit difficult to choose.

Thanks,
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I found cost me points is not reading the question properly

A couple of questions are designed to be tricky

They set up a Service Desk or Incident Mnagement scenario with additional data and the question is Service Level Management because the scenario had some SLA or OLA data in it

Then the answers would be a couple of SD or IM, a way out on and teh right answer.

Read the question. mentally choose the answer and say to yourself..

The question is askin for a ___ Discipline answer. The answer I am choosing is the same or different?

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
sweetie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: ITIL Resit exam pressure! Reply with quote

Thanks for that John. You're absolutely right, it's only when I go back to look at why I choose an incorrect answer is because I didn't read the question properly.

I'll bear this in mind and will read the question at least twice before attempting to answer.

Thank you,
Ziad
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John said it all...
When you see about 3 or 4 lines explaining a certain situation for you, followed by a question, read the question first then read the preceeding paragraph. You will see that the piece of text that is there is only for distracting you while the question is about a totally different subject. (most of the times at least)

Good Luck,
Z!
Loboc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I teach ITIL Foundations I tell students several things.

1. be aware of common practices vice BEST PRACTICE
2. RTFQ (READ THE FLIPPIN QUESTION!!!!)
3. its not a race. You get 60 minutes, turning it in early only costs you.
4. Do all answers you KNOW, skip the questioned ones. go back and do those. THEN take a blank sheet of paper AND DO IT AGAIN (I try to do it in reverse order the second time) (as far as you can) then compare answers. the ones the changed need to be looked at closely.

Also, CALM down.

Good Luck!
ITIL Service Manager
ITIL Foundations Trainer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: