Select Interface Language:
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.
The Itil Community Forum: Forums
ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Foundation Exam Preparation
chad Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2006 Posts: 1
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:09 am Post subject: ITIL Foundation Exam Preparation
am newbie and need ur advise. I am planning to take the ITIL Foundation certification and need to know the following.
(1) Is class room course by any specified institute mandatory or can we study ourselves and write the exam ?
(2) Where I will get the syllabus ?
(3) Where will I get the schedule of the exam ?
(4) The pass percentage for the exam.
(5) Any suggestion for the books that I need to have ?
joeitil Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2006 Posts: 3
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:42 am Post subject: ITIL Foundation Exam Preparation
1) A classroom course is not mandatory and you can study yourself and just write the foundation exam. Not the case for the Managers exam though.
2)The syllabus is basically the ITIL Service Support and Service Delivery books.
3)You can write the exam at a Prometric test centre, so you will find a schedule on their website.
4)The pass percentage is 65% as far as I know.
5)The ITIL books itself or ITSM:An Introduction is also a good book. There are some sample questions at itilquiz<dot>com.
All times are GMT + 10 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Logos/trademarks property of respective owner. Comments property of poster. Rest © 2004 Itil Community for Service Management & Foundation Certification. SV Site source (c)2003, and is Free Software under the GNU / GPL . All Rights Are Reserved.