Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ZIzp
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 65
Overall: 146094

People Online:
Visitors: 52
Members: 2
Total: 54 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Newbie - ITIL Foundation question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie - ITIL Foundation question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lokeshw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Newbie - ITIL Foundation question Reply with quote

Hello,

I am an IT Consultant project manager (PMP) with prior technical background. Although I manage mostly software development projects, on some occassions, I have managed Infrastructure projects. In some of the interviews, the interviewers asked if I had an ITIL certification or was atleast familiar with ITIL basics. So, I have decided to take the ITIL foundation exam. Here are my questions:

- Currently, I just want to take the foundation exam only. Does ITIL foundation certification itself have any value or do we have to take either Practitioner or Manager exam as well?

- After getting the foundation certification, are we allowed to use it as a designation? ex. John Doe, ITIL

- How long is the Foundation certification valid? In case, I decide to take the Practitioner or Manager certification sometime after a few years, will it be still valid??

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Smile

Thanks!
malwright820

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: ITIL Certification Reply with quote

Hi lokeshw
The Foundation Certificate is required before you can take the Practitioner's course or the Managers course. It is worth it, as it proves you understand concepts and it helps your CV.

I spent 4 years working for a company where we implemented the ITIL framework but without any training or support from someone who held the ITIL certificates, this is not the way to do it.

Since I left I have passed the Foundation certificate by self training and I am about to take the Configuration Managers course.

As far as I know the Foundation Certificate does not have a time limit on it but that may change as newer versions of ITIL come out.

You will be surprised how many companies who have IS departments who know nothing or very little of ITIL.

Hope this helps

malwright820 Smile
alpaje

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: ITIL Certification Reply with quote

Greetings,

Hi guys, like Loke, i am keen in getting the ITIL foundation Service Manager. However, i think this being a foundation course will only make u realised there is more for you to learn. Thus, it will be good to follow up with a practitioner or even a Master Black Belt. This will enable you to implement ITIL in your current IT infrastructure.

I am planning to take the foundation course in the coming April. If you are base in Singapore, maybe we can arrange to take the course at the same time. Presently, i am looking into training institute like, Pink elephant and Katasystems.

Like you, i am a PMP too, thus we are entitle a 14hrs (or mayb 15hrs) of PDU.

Do let me know. Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: