Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: CBlythe
New Today: 107
New Yesterday: 105
Overall: 144041

People Online:
Visitors: 64
Members: 8
Total: 72 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Requirements to Teach an ITIL training course
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Requirements to Teach an ITIL training course

View previous topic :: View next topic  
werd77

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Requirements to Teach an ITIL training course Reply with quote

Greetings,

My training company is interested in developing an ITIL training program. What are the prerequisites for being eligible to conduct and instruct such a program? Do are materials need to be certified by ITIL? Does the instructor have to be ITIL-certified?

Thanks for your help!
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of ways to approach this. Bearing in mind that the training is all going to change with V3, you would need to be careful about which option you chose.
1. Apply to ISEB or EXIN to become an accredited training provider. You will need to satisfy a number of requirements as an organisation, have a minimum of 3 accredited trainers (for ISEB anyway - I am not sure about EXIN). You would need to have materials which are accredited also - for whatever qualifications you are offering - and these can take a lot of time to prepare. ( The average Foundation course is about 220 slides - all with tutor notes!). You then send everything off with a cheque ( for an organisation accreditation and a set of Foundation notes for ISEB it is about £3K). It then takes about 6 weeks for a decision - possibly some changes will be asked for.
Yo can then offer the courses you have been accredited for.

2. You can apply to ISEB or EXIN as above, but use an accredited course which you license from another provider. This saves you having to do your own, and protects you from investing time and money developing something which will be obsolete soon. I am not sure how much this actually saves you in the fees.

3. You can enter an arrangement with an organisation which is already accredited, use their materials, and trainers (unless you have accredited trainers on your staff). They would arrange the exams etc. ISEB states:
"There are some organisations that arrange and promote training courses but do not deliver the training themselves. Providing that such an organisation uses an accredited Training Provider and an approved tutor to deliver a course for which they are accredited, they may state: ‘This course is presented on behalf of [non accredited organisation] by [name of accredited Training Provider] who is an ISEB Accredited Training Provider’. Please note that ISEB will only deal with the accredited Training Provider, not the promoter."
I am not sure of what EXIN says, but it will be similar.
4. Finally, if you only want to offer EXIN Foundation, with the exam taken on-line through a test centre, there are no restrictions, as people can even enter after doing it self-study. You cannot say that you are offering an accredited course, however, and you still need the materials.

APMG is likely to change a lot of this in the future.

If you are interested in pursuing options 2,3 or 4, I could point you in the right direction!
werd77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Thanks Liz! Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the information! I may very well be in further contact to ask some more questions. Let me know if I should contact via this forum, or if there is alternative contact information that is more convenient for you.

LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should contact me directly on liz@liz-gallacher.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: