Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ESteinber
New Today: 11
New Yesterday: 72
Overall: 143758

People Online:
Visitors: 59
Members: 3
Total: 62 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - FTR definiton
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FTR definiton

View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin_d

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: FTR definiton Reply with quote

Is there an ITIL definiton of FTR , (First Time Resolution)
mcardinal
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The closest I could find is on page 88 of Service Support (Blue Book)

-->percentage of Incidents closed by the Service Desk without reference to other levels of support

Not sure this is what you were seeking.

Michael
Gabrielle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: First time resolution Reply with quote

I have heard this called a number of different things. I prefer the term point-of-call resolution. To me, it is much more definitive. It is the percentage of calls resolved while on the first call with the User. It would be indicated by the incident ticket being opened and closed in the same motion. There is no follow up required because the probelm was resolved while on the phone with the user and the user has confirmed their satisfaction at the same time.
blamblam
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: First time resolution Reply with quote

Gabrielle wrote:
I prefer the term point-of-call resolution.

Hmm... surprised ITIL doesn't have a term for this... one of the neat things about ITIL was the fact that it busts the jargon around Service Management and gets everybody talking the same language. Confused
shajij@gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below is something I picked up from the Service Support Book.

Better first-time fix rate at the Service Desk. Problem Management enables a better first time fix rate of Incidents at the Service Desk, achieved via the capture, retention and availability of Incident resolution and Work-around data within a knowledge database available to the Service Desk at call logging.

Hope this is what you are looking for.
tolman101
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTR

What exactly should a Service Desk be measuring with regard to resolutions? The reason I ask is because at my organisation we have been using the term 'helpdesk fix rate'. Doesn't sound very ITIL but it is serving our purposes I guess. It lets us know what percentage of incidents are solved by the SD.

At our Service Desk there are two ways in 1) Telephone and 2) Email

We want to know what the percentage fix is for both, and then the overall %. But perhaps email is not considered First Time Resolution as it usually requires a call back to the end user/customer.

So I have two questions really...

Is FTR just telephone? and

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how you can reduce the email volume in favor of a telephone call to increase FTR?

thanks, Matt
Leif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: FTR Reply with quote

tolman101 wrote:
FTR

What exactly should a Service Desk be measuring with regard to resolutions? The reason I ask is because at my organisation we have been using the term 'helpdesk fix rate'. Doesn't sound very ITIL but it is serving our purposes I guess. It lets us know what percentage of incidents are solved by the SD.

At our Service Desk there are two ways in 1) Telephone and 2) Email

We want to know what the percentage fix is for both, and then the overall %. But perhaps email is not considered First Time Resolution as it usually requires a call back to the end user/customer.

So I have two questions really...

Is FTR just telephone? and

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how you can reduce the email volume in favor of a telephone call to increase FTR?

thanks, Matt

Hi Matt,

In my opinion FTR is applicable whichever media you use to communicate.
(Expanding the methods (email, fax, web, etc.) for registering, updating och querying requests may enhance the service but would be most efficient in not business critical activities.)

The reason for trying to reduce emails in favour of calls would be to decrease the business impact of incidents i.e. faster resolution. For not-so-urgent incidents I would prefer emails/web which brings the benefits of better resource usage and workload management.

Regards,

Leif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: