Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:54 am Post subject: Infrastructure Manager (ITIL) position in Portland Oregon
Infrastructure Manager - ITIL
Our Manager, Infrastructure will oversee all aspects of the Enterprise for Windows operating system software and hardware updates, projects, and their interface to each other and with users. This Manager will evaluate the integrated network infrastructure and control the related projects to meet projects schedules. Conduct research on new technologies and report on future IT products for the company.
• Lead the design, implementation and administration of all Windows Servers to provide the infrastructure. Develop strategic road map for all Windows products and is responsible for the lifecycle management of all Windows server projects within Networked Windows based computing.
• Manage technical team members and oversee all aspects of Windows Server Integration projects to achieve results within budget, schedule and level of quality documented in the project plan. Develop and communicate alternatives to satisfy changes in scope or requirements of infrastructure projects to meet changes in business needs. Develop the budget for the business unit, training requirements of staff, and provide status of expenses compared to budget at regular intervals.
• Negotiate scope, schedule, budget and resource commitments with Project Sponsors, team members, outside vendors, and other Project Managers. Maintain accurate project data to provide consistent information to Sponsors, Project Leaders and team members.
• Manage Windows Server Integration projects to assure controlled introduction of infrastructure changes into the system through testing, migration planning, risk assessment, back out planning and implementation follow-up.
• Keep abreast of changing technology and plan for the dissemination of the knowledge by arranging training for operators, Network Control, Project managers, LAN Administrators, and Systems Integrators.
Demonstrated skills: Planning, organization, problem solving, and project management skills utilizing Microsoft Windows technology.
Must have experience with ITIL processes and supporting ITSM initiatives.
Experience with the control and flow of Windows operating systems and its internal working with hardware in a multi-platform environment.
Ability to derive technical requirements from business needs; apply principles of supervision to develop and motivate employees, work in large group environments and lead those groups when necessary.
Must be available for some 24 hour on call duty.
Experience: Progressively responsible computer operation and computer analyst experience, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
Education: Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum