Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: Rolandmugs
New Today: 24
New Yesterday: 83
Overall: 141546

People Online:
Visitors: 77
Members: 2
Total: 79 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - New To the Forum - Just wanted to say hello
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New To the Forum - Just wanted to say hello

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbordetas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: New To the Forum - Just wanted to say hello Reply with quote

Good morning. I am new to this forum, just happened upon it but ti am so glad I did. I am insterested in achieving my certification this year and this seems like a great place to get insight and yes constructive criticism.

I took a basic course about 2 years ago, but since have switched job roles and am now looking to again get into Service management.

i was wondering what should I read? What if any practice tests are out there? I am no stranger to certification as I hold A+, MCP, MCSE and MCT certs.

But ITIL seems so right as I am by definition a senior hands on Infrastructure Service and Support Manager

Thanks again for having a great place to read and read.

I look forward to your responses

Jose Bordetas
NYC
itsm5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome onboard Jose.

You will find a lot of your answers right here in this forum. You can spend hours in it if you are not careful, as I do sometimes. It's a great resource.

If you are looking for a good intro to ITIL to play with, you won't go wrong with the ITIL Tookit. For beginners it is excellent, and is what I used.

Having said that it might be that you just want to train for the foundation exam? In that case why not just go for a course (online or not)?

I guess what I am saying is it depends on what your objectives are. For now though you might be best just reading around and finding your feet, and then deciding.
joeblough

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should go for foundation exam. This will refresh your memory and help you decide what exactly you want to persue within ITIL
jbordetas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the book "Foundations of IT Service Management: based on ITIL "

so that i can read up and get a refresher of sorts. then I will go for my Foundation cert and from there get a IPSR cert.

thanks again for a great forum
jbordetas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I wish you the best of luck. i will study hard once i get the book and i will take and pass the foundation test. I will then study hard and pass the practitioners test.

Once that is done, I look forward to taking a course to take the managers test and pass that as well. I am committed to this task.

Study hard and good luck to you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: