Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: CO05
New Today: 10
New Yesterday: 67
Overall: 148471

People Online:
Visitors: 63
Members: 5
Total: 68 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - New to ITIL Exams
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to ITIL Exams

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Matt81

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: New to ITIL Exams Reply with quote

Hello,

I've been reading through alot of the posts and wanted to try and find my answers before I posted. I got some but wanted to know if someone could clear a few things up for me.

I'm a NOC Manager in a MSP and I'm currently looking to start taking more management/service related certifications. I was told by my boss that the ITIL was a good place to start.

From what I've been reading it seems that the Foundation exam is the first exam in the track. Are there multiple tracks that you can pursue with the ITIL exams? I also saw that the ITIL Foundation exam was updated to V3. I also saw that some people were still taking the V2 exam (which I'm assuming is an older exam), does this mean its still valid? I so does it expire soon? Why would someone want to take the V3 over the V2? Are there advantages to this? Does this count towards other certifications after the foundations exam? Are there books for V3 exam, I seem to only see a few Foundation books on Amazon.com. Lastly can I take the exam at a pearson/VUE testing center?

I know I asked alot, but anything can help.

Thanks,

Matt
ITIL_Prime

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi The_Matt81,

The first ITIL certification test you will need to take is the Foundation Exam. This is a prerequisite before attaining any higher level of ITIL certification. The ITIL best practices have recently been updated from V2 to V3. During this time, both the V2 Foundation and V3 Foundation exams will be held (presumably until the end of the year).

Both V2 and V3 certifications are valid, and the V2 certification will not expire in the future if you attain it. The V2 Foundation focuses on Service Delivery and Service Support, while the newer V3 exams have a bit more of a broader business-centric reach.

As far as I know, Prometric is the testing facility which most commonly administers these exams (globally). I am unsure of other testing facilities.

Good luck!
The_Matt81

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply, I'm going to start studying for the V2 since I can't seem to find a lot of study material for the V3 exam.

Are there any benefits of taking the V3 exam over the V2 exam?

Thanks again,

Matt
Ovais

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks
Regarding v2 and v3 exams, do we need to reconfirm whether it gonna be V2 or V3 exam?? please advice me as I am taking my ITIL Foundation Exam on Friday (June 29th) and Program name is EXIN (EX0, EX1). Does this mean v2 or v3 as I prepared for V2.
Thanks
Ovais
ITIL_Prime

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ovais,

If I remember correctly, EXE-001 is the V2 Foundation exam. I don't believe EXIN begins offering a V3 exam until mid-July.

Good luck!
raroa
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just to clarify a few points:

Prometric may administer an online exam, but there are many providers who will deliver you training with exam. There are three examination institutes: EXIN ASEB and APMG. Only EXIN and ASEB provide V2 exams, all three will provide V3 exams but they will be standardised across the three, whereas V2 exams differ between them (confused? I'm simplifying this!)

Version 2 exams may be "valid' into the future but you will require an additional one-day bridging course before they count as prerequisites for any V3 certification that you do later. personally i think you'd be nuts to do a V2 course or exam now, V3 is available or will be any day now.

Most of the available study material that i have seen for ten or twenty bucks is pirated from legitimate sources, so it will be a while coming at that price for v3 Very Happy There will be an official V3 study guide - probably some time in 2007.

the official information - such as it is so far - on V3 course structures is at w w w. apmgroup. co. uk/ web/ site/ PressCentre/ PressReleases/ ITILv3QualScheme.asp

Hope this helps!
Ovais

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thanks for your advice and valid info regarding v3. Unfortunately I ahve already registered that exam a month ago and going to take tomorrow. Definitely I will retake for v3 in near future.
In continuition of my silly questions, could you or any one take view these answers I posted on June 21st, and haven't get any reply yet.
Could you please take a look if my answers are correct.
Your help will be highly appreciable

See the link
http://www.itilcommunity.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2457

Thanks-- Ovais
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: