I can only comment on the V3 exam from what I know so far.
For a Trainer led Foundation course, the recommended minimum is 16 hours.
If you're doing self study and have the syllabus, then I'd say 30 - 40 hours.
Foundation shouldn't be too challenging, here is the outline;
"The purpose of the ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is to certify that the candidate has gained knowledge of the ITIL® terminology, structure and basic concepts and has comprehended the core principles of ITIL® practices for Service Management.
The ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is not intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the ITIL® practices for Service Management without further guidance.
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification.
• Service Management as a practice (Comprehension)
• Service Lifecycle (Comprehension)
• Key Principles and Models (Comprehension)
• Generic Concepts (Awareness)
• Selected Processes (Awareness)
• Selected Roles (Awareness)
• Selected Functions (Awareness)
• Technology and Architecture (Awareness)
• ITIL® Qualification scheme (Awareness)
Hope this helps.
If you need more information, PM me. _________________ Prince2 Practioner
MOR Foundation Certificate
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum