Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: saroj
New Today: 13
New Yesterday: 54
Overall: 146226

People Online:
Visitors: 56
Members: 3
Total: 59 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Need some Information on cost involved in ITIL certification
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some Information on cost involved in ITIL certification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Need some Information on cost involved in ITIL certification Reply with quote

Hi All,
I am trying to put together a ITIL certification info packet for my department so that more and more people can gain visibility in to ITIL certification.

So far I have gathered almost all the required information except the cost information,

Once I am done I can upload this slide deck to a website and then everyone visiting to this forum can also benefit from this information. So kindly assist me in this effort.

V2 Certification:-

- Foundation - $150 EXIN
- $180 ISEB

- Practioners - Cluster - ????
- Single - ????

- Manager - ????

V3 Certification :-

- Foundation - ????

- Capability - 4 * $2000 each

- Lifecycle - 5*$2000 each

- Manager Lifecycle - $1500

Can you please help me fill in the blanks in the above list.

Thanks for your time & patience.

- Its nothing personal, Its just business.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...So i just found out that you have to join a classroom training program and then that particular institute administers the exam rather than some testing body like prometric.....so with this in mind....I doubt anyone would have the exact cost of the practioners and manager certification exam......

calling all seniors..please give your input...

- Its nothing personal, Its just business.
Ed
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Apprentice

For my practitioner Exams, the cost two years ago, was approx £1000 per V2 course/exam. These were singles. So $1800, but the best way to get the accurate costs is to go on the site of the provider - Getronics, Pink, HP etc.

Regards

Ed
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Costs can be obtained from training vendor websites, as stated. If in-house courses are arranged, rather than attending public courses, this can cut the costs, dependent on the numbers.

Things to bear in mind:

Foundation V2 or V3 can be done self-study. A taught course is better (as a trainer I would say that!). A classroom course will cost about £745 plus £100 for the exam (UK prices). This should include the chance to sit several of the official mock exams, which are papers previously used in real exams. If doing self study, you will not have the guidance about the level of detail you need, so will have to buy the books. The V2 Service Support and Service Delivery books are too much for a V2 foundation. Suggest the Foundations of ITIL Service management based on ITIL.ISBN: 9077212582

This introduction to IT Service Management is based on the latest ITIL® books on Service Support, Service Delivery and Security Management. It is intended to serve as:A thorough and convenient introduction to the field of IT Service Management and the above three core books in the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and A self-study guide that contains all the material needed to prepare for the Foundation Certificate examination in IT Service Management.The book contains the same core (SS/SD/Sec Man) chapters as the official OGC 'Introduction to ITIL' book.. and also an additional chapter on exam preparation and an example case-study.
The book is endorsed by the IPESC (itSMF International Publications Executive Sub-Committee) and is currently available in English, German, Italian, Brazilian-Portuguese, Korean, French, Spanish, Danish, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Arabic and Dutch with more translations planned. [/i]

There is as yet no equivalent book for V3, and the complete set of V3 books costs £300! You may as well have a classroom course instead.

Be very careful if self-studying, that the mock questions you use are real ones. There are a lot of dodgy ones available on the internet.

V2 Practitioner and managers courses must follow an approved taught course. Practitioners are about £850 + £120 exam fee for single-topic practitioners, and £1095 +£130 fo a 5 day clustered course.

The V2 managers course is quite expensive, as it requires 2 tutors. You need to have the Service Support and Service Delivery books at £65 each, and 2 exam fees at £135 each. make sure these are included in the price you are quoted. Also, is the Revision day included or extra? all -inclusive courses cost about £3400

V3 courses/exams other than Foundation are yet to be announced.
Hope this helps
dubeyv

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Liz,

That was an informative one. Very Happy

Vivek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: