Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: TMcKellar
New Today: 6
New Yesterday: 54
Overall: 146219

People Online:
Visitors: 57
Members: 0
Total: 57

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Passed V3 Foundations
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Passed V3 Foundations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WendyB
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Passed V3 Foundations Reply with quote

All I can say is wow.

I'm a V2 Service Manager and took the V3 Foundations exam on 6/13.

When I left, I wasn't sure if I'd passed or not - but I did Laughing Laughing Laughing

I don't recommend self study on this one, it was tough. I mean really really tough. I self studied for my V2 Foundations, and don't think I could have made it through without the class.

Now, I just have to wait for the V2-V3 Manager's Bridge.
DanR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wendy,

What material did you use to help you study for the V3 Foundation?
How come it took so long to get the results?
It seems to have taken a month?

Congrats on passing though.
WendyB
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

I took it with the ITSM Academy. Prior to that I'd attended a couple of webinars, but that was it.

As for the lenght of time - APMG said it would take three days from the time they got the exam (it's written multiple choice, not computerized multiple choice). They then turned around and said the first few weeks of classes would be 3-4 weeks for grading.

So, it should speed up in a month or so.
DanR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we all be concerned that a Service Manager holder thinks it was a hard exam? I'm a bit worried now.
WendyB
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three Service Managers thought it was a hard exam - we all walked out and decided that if we had passed it would be a miracle.

The big thing is that the outline APMG provided doesn't seem to match the exam. It was very different than what was taught.

Good luck!!
Roger
Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: New Sample Exams... for v3 Foundation Reply with quote

btw....To help you prepare for your Foundation v3 exam, make sure that you have access to the latest Sample exams.

Check that your material includes the latest sample exams from APMG.
The first two sample exams have been replaced in recent weeks, by two new ones.

All officially accredited training organizations (ATOs) will have access to these. If your ATO doesn't then you need to verify their status as you may not be getting access to official material, which substantially reduces the liklihood of passing.
ParagSohoni

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Is there a website where I can find the results for the V3 . Reply with quote

Hi,

I had attending the V3 foundation training in the month of Jun 2007 and the examination was conducted right after the training session.

I was told that we should be getting the results in a week or so.

I just came to know from the firm that conduted our training that I have passed through the exams, but I still don't have the result sheet with me yet.

Is there a website where I can my results online?

Please reply.

-- Parag
michalt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
You should get results within around 2-4 weeks.

Michael
Roger
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a website where I can find the results for the Reply with quote

ParagSohoni wrote:

I had attending the V3 foundation training in the month of Jun 2007 and the examination was conducted right after the training session.

I was told that we should be getting the results in a week or so.
-- Parag

Parag

it is unfortunate that a lot of training vendors are not really in tune with the way that the Examination Institutes are now having to interface with the APM Group.

APMG have a requirement that all exams for ITIL v3 have to be moderated and this will delay the feedback of results by at least 4 to 6 weeks.

I personally make it a point of knowing all these details as it is the thing that people want to ask questions about (I also know a bit about v3 Smile ...

The turnaround time for exam results will eventually return to about 1 week.

Oh and just out of interest there used to be just Exin and ISEB as exam institutes.. there are now 4 ... Exin, ISEB, APMG and Loyalist... more may follow.
polkadots

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back my scorecard for my ITIL ver 3 also.

It's after 1 month and 1 week....the exam was not computerised yet so the scripts have to be sent back to UK for marking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: