Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: NBonilla
New Today: 8
New Yesterday: 70
Overall: 142373

People Online:
Visitors: 77
Members: 3
Total: 80 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL -After Foundation, what's next
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL -After Foundation, what's next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chanyha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: ITIL -After Foundation, what's next Reply with quote

Hi,

I have passed my ITIL foundation and my current role is implementation and
support in a Windows and Network area.

Question 1: Anyone has any suggestions which path I can choose?

Question 2: Is there any criteria to take a practioner exam?

Thanks
Andy
Ed
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy

Version 2 answers

question 1, Can you please clarify your thinking here, are you thinking of a career in IT Service Management or what?

question 2, you have the most important prerequisite, foundation. Some IT experience always helps (2 years at least). Is this the right move? Practitioners is for people like me who are 'doers' If you want a career in IT Service Management, then you want the Managers exam. This can be done without doing Practitioners first.

Regards

Ed
chanyha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your reply. As I am in implementation and support and uses ITIL concepts to implement and support software and install hardware.

I am thinking of upgrading to a next level. Wondering which area of ITIL I can specialize. Eg. Infrastructure

If I can do the manager level right away it is much more better, is there a criteria for taking the exam?

Thanks
Ed
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy

The criteria for Managers is Foundation + experience - how much? Opinion seems to be divided. I believe five years experience as a minimum is what is needed, other people think that two years is enough. I guess it depends on how deep and extensive your experience has been.

That said, I think that you would not be refused a place if you had none, but I would expect the trainers to at least say something about your lack of experience in this case.

I hesitate to advise you on a direction as everyone is different, and I think that most people would agree that what suits me, need not suit you.

The best advice I can give is to do something you are interested in. In my opinion this always gives the best return in job satisfaction, and in the end, money

Regards

Ed
chanyha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed,

I will write to the APM consultants and see what I can proceed from there.

Regards
Andy Smile
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Don't think APM will help - they are in the business of selling exams. Take the advice above - what interests you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: