Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: IFowell
New Today: 7
New Yesterday: 81
Overall: 143835

People Online:
Visitors: 59
Members: 4
Total: 63 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Foundation Exam in V3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Foundation Exam in V3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarunSachdeva

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: ITIL Foundation Exam in V3 Reply with quote

Hi,

Could any one please confirm, after the introduction of ITIL V3, how will it effect the ITIL Foundation Exam that were being conducted by EXIN, during V2? Question
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with the ISEB exams, the V2 foundation willcontinue to be avialable for some time. For those wishing to convert to V3 later, a 1 day bridging course and exam will be available. many people feel that the V2 course is more practical, whereas the V3 is more of an introduction, and is still settling down.
yyz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Just as an FYI... Reply with quote

I took my V3 bridging course in late September. I was not happy with the class, (vendor shall remain anonymous), but it was a single day class. Text book provided consisted of tiny 1" x 2" slide book, (some of the writing was so small you couldn't even read it).

The instructor was good, no problem with him, problem was about 5 hours of lecture, an hour to study from difficult to read material, and then the test which they gave us 30 minutes to complete.

The kicker is that this was almost 2 months ago and I still haven't recieved my test results.

Now with that said, I'm sure I'll get my test results tomorrow and I probably will have flunked Sad

Some peers went to the full blown three day V3 class from the same vendor about a month after my bridge class, and the materials they recieved were much more superior and of course, they had three days to study not one hour.

all the best
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not given a V2/V3 Foundation Bridge as yet, and I am not looking forward to it. I have delivered the V3 Foundation, and that is hard enough - there is so much new information! I have seen the syllabus for the bridging course, and it is very demanding for a single day, including the exam. There is no time to revise, review and let the info bed down. All of these courses are single day, including exam, and I would recommend anyone who can persuade their boss, to go for the full 3 day V3 Foundation, even though there may be some repetition.
As far as your result is concerned, there has been a big exercise in moderating the marks (hence the delay), as many of the questions are recognised to need review. So it appears that the moderation is ensuring the usual % of candidates pass.
yyz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LizGallacher wrote:
There is no time to revise, review and let the info bed down. All of these courses are single day, including exam, and I would recommend anyone who can persuade their boss, to go for the full 3 day V3 Foundation, even though there may be some repetition.

I would agree with you on that. Having "aced" my V2 exam,(three day course), back in 2006, and then having recieved high % scores on my V2 IPSR & IPRC exams, I was not expecting to have much trouble with the V3 bridge exam. But there were some really tricky questions that definately required a fairly extensive knowledge of V3 in order to make sure I had them correct. One hour of study time might not have been long enough for me to absorb the new concepts. Plus, as mentioned, the exam was 30 minutes. It just seemed more rushed than any of the previous three exams I have taken.

LizGallacher wrote:
As far as your result is concerned, there has been a big exercise in moderating the marks (hence the delay), as many of the questions are recognised to need review. So it appears that the moderation is ensuring the usual % of candidates pass.

I'm not sure if I undertstand you correctly. Are you saying they may toss out some of the questions, regardless if they were answered right or wrong, because of ambuguity? Thus making the 20 question exam I took an 18 question exam (saying they nix two of the questions). Or are you saying they might allow for a less than 65% pass rate?

Or was I just a "test case" and I get what I get but others may benefit in the future from a less ambuguious exam as a result of them examing the questions I missed? I took the exam in September, and my undertstanding was the class I was in was one of the first V3 bridge classes that had occurred at that point.

Just curious...
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no information being given out as to how the moderation exercise is being carried out. The aim is to ensure that no-one suffers from the fact that some questions need re-written. So if the vast majority of students get a particular question wrong, it is the question's fault, not the students. In order to do this, they need to have enough data. So I suspect (but do not know for sure) that what is happening is -
1. Results are being held until there is enough data to do an analysis (hence the delay)
2. The marks are being "adjusted" in some way so that the expected numbers pass. I know that 88% of V3 Foundation students have passed, which seems very high for an exam which people are reporting as difficult.
3. Flawed questions are are being withdrawn/re-written.

I know that many trainers/consultants who aced their V2 are nervous about the bridging qualifications, but hopefullly the above means that you should be OK, albeit with a delay in getting the results!
yyz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update...62+ days and still waiting Wink

rob
Klingsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yyz wrote:
An update...62+ days and still waiting Wink

rob

99 days for me ! You can still wait !!! Laughing

R.
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying that you have waited 62/99 days for the result. That is excessive. The longest my students waited was 35 days. I would chase it up with EXIN/ISEB/APMG, and/or your training provider. Apparently moderation has finished now.
Klingsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean that after 99 days, I am still chasing Exin about an official results sheet / diploma that I still haven't received so far... Fortunately, they told me over the phone that I had passed : I guess it is the most important Rolling Eyes

R.
yyz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's now at 70 days for me with not a word from EXIN via snail mail or e-mail so I'm e-mailing them today and I'll see what they respond with.

All the best
yyz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, contacted EXIN on Monday 12/10 and today, 12/13, they contacted me via phone.

I passed.

Rather anti-climatic considering the long wait. But I guess if you've waited more than a month for results, contacting the EXAM body is the advice one should follow.

Thank you to Liz for her advice.

Rob
Klingsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 105 days, I have finally received my diploma !!! Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: