Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: JODBD
New Today: 57
New Yesterday: 76
Overall: 142352

People Online:
Visitors: 60
Members: 4
Total: 64 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Manager SS exam - question from the exam
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manager SS exam - question from the exam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michalt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Manager SS exam - question from the exam Reply with quote

Hi,

Could you please help me to answer this question? Its from the SS exam.

1) Company wants to appoint one person to be responsible for 3 processes: release, change and configuration management. Point out describe 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages of this approach.

Thanks for help in advance!
Michael
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to be unhelpful, but there is no book" answer for this question, it is showing that you can think about the reality - what if your boss asked you if it was a good idea? What would you say? It is this sort of question that has markers complaining that students can only answer what is in the books, although it is a manager's exam! Sorry, but it is the sort of question you do not study for, but think about at the time - so other people's answers are not much help. What do YOU think?
michalt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LizGallacher wrote:
I don't want to be unhelpful, but there is no book" answer for this question, it is showing that you can think about the reality - what if your boss asked you if it was a good idea? What would you say? It is this sort of question that has markers complaining that students can only answer what is in the books, although it is a manager's exam! Sorry, but it is the sort of question you do not study for, but think about at the time - so other people's answers are not much help. What do YOU think?

Hi Liz,

Yes, I agree with you 100%. For example, in my organization (more than 60k people) its not a good idea because of the scale and complexity:) I was just curious what are the marking guidelines saying about this question - some answers are fully marked some not; it is very tricky, very subjective.

Michael
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The marking guidelines would expect you to look for aspects such as workload, complexity, any potential conflict between the roles, any way in which one role works as a QA on the other, which would be lost of both were done by same person etc. Most importantly, the guidelines would say " or any other well-argued reasonable points". If it was in the context of the case study, this would need to be referenced - if, for example, the roles were currently based in different locations.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichalT

Look at the responsibilties of the people in each role.

What responibilities conflict with each other
what complement
Workload, management chain, etc
complexity of the environment

I am doing all 3 at the moment for the contract I am on in addition to Capacity.

The main reason is that there are no policies, process, procedures, etc in place for all 4.

So I help draft them (version 1) and make sure they are integrated and then recomment some one else once it is up and running

I am concentrating on chaneg and capacity because these are quick wins. Capacity first.

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
michalt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for answers:)
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: