Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: NinaThaowc
New Today: 53
New Yesterday: 97
Overall: 150003

People Online:
Visitors: 43
Members: 3
Total: 46 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Creative and Innovative Ideas for Customer Service
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creative and Innovative Ideas for Customer Service

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teejoong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Creative and Innovative Ideas for Customer Service Reply with quote

I was given a survey for the topic above.
Questions:
1. If you could make 3 changes to our IT environment to help our customers and reduce their calls/requests, what would those changes be?

2. If you could make 3 changes to save you time and make your job easier, what would those changes be?

Need your opinions/answers on this two questions, Thanks Very Happy
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teejoong

What answer would you want ? Since every one in this forum has a different type of IT environment, services,expected level of service, you will get many different answers

The answer to the second one is easy. Shut all IT equipment off. Therefore there will be no need for any ITIL processes and I can go home and sit on the couch

The true answer to your question is that the

customers and users want the service that they expect and IT should be aware of what service that they can provide

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Timo
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing John,

I was going to say the same... Turn IT off. No IT, no problems Smile

Teejoon, it is really impossible to give you answers you are looking for without having a least some idea about your environment.

Michael
Mark-OLoughlin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I would look at it another way

1) Have a system for the users to be able to log calls - this can free up Service Desk staff so they can expand their offerings

2) Set up a Knowledge Base and ensure that it gets populated with knowledge that enpowers the Service Desk to increase their fix rate - thus improving customer relations and perception

3) Ensure good change control is in to try an minimise changes affecting users (outages).

Things like this can make a difference. IT will always have user issues (and if it didn't a lot of us would be working in different fields).
swansong
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I attended a course, hosted by a guy called John Seddons, who has adapted the Toyota approach to manufacturing to service origanisations. Although much of what he said I took with a pinch of salt, it certainly started a debate as to what represents a valuable customer contact and the types of service an organisation (including ICT depts and / or service desks) should aspire to offer, and would cover the types of question you ask.
If it is permissible for me to say this I recommend you should look him up for a different perspective of how service organisations could operate.
However just to clarify, I am not affiliated with the man, or do I agree with many of his opinions....its just a different perspective to your questions!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> The ITIL Service Desk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: