Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: saroj
New Today: 13
New Yesterday: 54
Overall: 146226

People Online:
Visitors: 52
Members: 2
Total: 54 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - This is to John Hardesty
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is to John Hardesty

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maityc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: This is to John Hardesty Reply with quote

Hi John,
Thanks for your support always. I will be hosting a workshop on ITIL Foundation for our team in HP. Please advise how details and broad I should discuss in the workshop and for how many hours all together.

Thanks dude.
HP
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I am NOT a trainer so I dont know any of the answer to your questions

Second, if I was a trainer and I worked for a company or myself. I would not under cut my own company by giving business oriented recommendation for free when the company's purpose is to make money.

Third, I can give my opinion and my guidance from a friendly point of view because like oxygen, opinions are free. consultations are not.

Finally, while I appreciate the thought of asking you should ask the broader audience

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Mark-OLoughlin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

HP have a lot of training material on ITIL - they offer courses in it. Can you contact the education dept in HP and ask them as they are a training provider. They also have the F1 trainig simulation (though this may need to be licensed) from the education department.
maityc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark for your input. Yes I can ask HP education dept but that's a

lenthy bureaucratic process (a bottleneck). This workshop is my own

initiative for our team. BTW do you think 2 days (everyday 4 hours)

would be enough to go through 10 processes and 1 function

Thanks
HP
rpmason
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that you're excited and enthused, but bringing in someone who can answer those questions that go beyond the Foundation level might be worth going through the channels. Maybe an HP trainer could call in while you run his or her powerpoint presentation.

Another option might be to find a qualified person through your local itSMF chapter.

--rpmason
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the purpose of the workshop ?
Why are you doing this ?
Is this a requirement from your management ?
Or are you trying to help your team

If this is a business need, then you need to go through the offical/business channels.

If it is to make your staff aware of ITIL, then a 1 hour briefing should sufice

If you re trying to self train your team to take the Foundation examination.... DONT... you are defeating the purpose of the concept of TRAINING and you are NOT qualified (certified) as a trainer of ITIL. S

So the team will not get what it needs

What you should do is write a 1/2 to 1 hour powerpoint presentation on the ITIL disciplines that your team uses and a 15-30 minute one of the processes that they dont.

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
maityc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, This is NOT a requirement from my manaement. This is my own initiative as I was thinking to share knowledge about ITIL with others. And my biggest purpose is to show some best practise example/ ITIL model to interested team player

Yes That's exactly what I was planning in my mind. Just make some powerpoint slide on on every dicipline and have a open discussion.

Thank you.
HP
swansong
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Please advise how details and broad I should discuss in the workshop and for how many hours all together. "

With regards to details and breadth, definately have some of both. With regards to length of time, you probably need some of this too. A soupcon is my estimate.

Hope this helps.
Mark-OLoughlin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, how much experience do you have with ITIL in the real world. The reason I ask is that if you have experience and have covered at least the foundation course you should know yourself what it is you need to cover especially for the general session that you are looking to cover.

This is not meant to be offensive but are you the right person to take this on? The general style sessions are the easiest as you want ot just cover broadly some of the key aspects of ITIL, the benefits it brings, and the consequences of not doing it.

Anyway, best of luck with it. Have a search on the web. There is a lot of general information that will give you ideas of what you should cover. Many companies provide general overview documentation which can guide you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: