Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: AninceEt
New Today: 51
New Yesterday: 97
Overall: 142123

People Online:
Visitors: 57
Members: 0
Total: 57

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - PLAs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PLAs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
viv121
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: PLAs Reply with quote

Hi , Am deeply interested in understanding the different grade of Service matrices across different Helpdesks. To start , I would mention what I have in place . I have PLAs as mentioned below:
1. 80 percent of all calls should be handled within 20 seconds
2.Abandoned rate <5 % . A call is considered abandoned when it is queued up for more than 20 seconds without reaching a helpdesk analyst
3.Average handling time -<600 seconds
4. FCR - >60%. The FCR is calculated as the calls closed on the fly which is while the analyst spends ten minutes with the user .

Am sure ITIL doesn't have an approach on this and its individual choice. What are the best practices as far as these matrices are concerned ?
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLA ?

What is that ?

What you have here are KPIs

Key Performance Indicators

Whether you make them part of an SLA or an OLA is dependent of whether the customer/user gets 'credits' for failing to meet the KPIs

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
viv121
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: PLAs Reply with quote

Thanks UKVIKING . Hope you will keep in mind that Iam a newbie to the forum . I have come here to get answers for questions for which I've been groping in the dark . Ofcourse, I will share the best practices Ihave been involved in wherever I can .Do we have an ITIL stand on the KPI? Putting it other way do ITILers use KPI in place of Performance Level Agreements ? I am sure the PLAs are the KPIs are based on organizational needs but am interested in understanding whether PLAs find a place in the ITIL books or is it just the KPIs and KRAs ?
Mark-OLoughlin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

"2.Abandoned rate <5 % . A call is considered abandoned when it is queued up for more than 20 seconds without reaching a helpdesk analyst "

In my view these calls are not abandoned - but that they are just not answered within the expected / agreed threshold.

abandoned is where the user calls in and hangs up after an agreed threshold i.e. that the user must have at least stayed on the line for e.g. 20 seconds and then hung up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> The ITIL Service Desk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: