Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:16 am Post subject: ITIL master and PMP certified looking for a position
I have overseen ITIL implementation as top IT executive in 500 million corp. over the last 5 years. I also introduced service level management over the last 18 months in our parent company (5 billion in revenues). Have red badge Manager's certificate in Oct. '05 and am PMP certified. I have many years of wide ranging IT leadership experience. My resume is below:
John F. Ghostley
259 Kimberly Drive
New Brighton, Mn. 55449
cell - 612-770-9077
Experienced Information Systems Executive Director with a proven track record of achieving results developing staff, process and technology to continually improve IS services aligned with the business and customer needs. Leadership in developing relationships and customer satisfaction by listening to customer needs and organizing transparent and open communications regarding achievements, needs for service improvement and prioritization of service support and delivery from a customer point of view. Have extensive experience in implementing a wide range of large scale systems including ERP and other Enterprise systems requiring extensive architectural planning, analysis and process improvement methods. Successful leadership of IT service transformations utilizing ITIL Service Management, Information Engineering and a business value approach to strategic planning and project methodologies. Have a history of excellent staff development, IT vision communication, consensus building, objective setting and retention of staff. Optimized service levels of IS infrastructure through delivery of quality services by agreeing, monitoring, reporting and reviewing on service level agreements with IT customers and service providers. Have a record of win-win relationship building enabling innovative cost savings and efficient business services. Successful governance of the IS organization in a multi-location international environment delivering Sarbanes-Oxley compliant IS systems and infrastructure at an “exemplary” level. Experienced in planning, justifying, organizing, developing and testing Business Continuity.
Aveda Corporation 1995 – 2007
Executive Director – IS, 2001 – July 2007
Director – IS, 1995 – 2001
• While maintaining overall responsibility for Aveda IT, coordinated the Aveda Site Deployment team for Estee Lauder’s global SAP ERP system implementation. Aveda was the pilot site for 275 million dollar worldwide rollout of SAP to all Estee Lauder Companies.
• Utilized ITIL and PMP certifications coordinating ITIL Service Level Management approach for Estee Lauder in conjunction with SAP global modernization initiative and was involved in contract measurement design and agreements with outsource service providers.
• d annual IS strategic and operational planning process utilizing an information engineering and strategic business value chain approach fostering innovative alignment with key business goals through prioritized, cost effective projects and continually improving operations.
• Achieved “exemplary status” in Sarbanes-Oxley IS audit and consensus “best SOX results” within Estee Lauder global IS through continuous improvement and implementation of ITIL IT Quality best practice framework. Completed two week course for ITIL IT Service Level Master’s Certificate in October ’05.
John F. Ghostley Page 2
Work History (continued)
Executive Director – IS, 2001 – present
Director – IS, 1995 – 2001
• Implemented Annual Strategic Application Planning process utilizing Information Engineering principles derived from Electronic Data Systems best practices. Organized enterprise wide IS application planning aligned with business strategy by forming business area teams of stakeholders sponsored by the area VP which produced a prioritized list of cost justified projects to be prioritized by the IS steering team and approved by senior management.
• Integrated Total Quality (TQM) continuous improvement team best practices into Systems Development Methodology. Aveda was successfully involved in full scale TQM customer focused implementation. TQM enabled achievement of dramatic reduction in work cycle times in several areas of the business where IT played a key role on all teams.
• Supervised recruitment and development of IS staff growing the capabilities and services of IS in alignment with business needs from 10 to 35 permanent staff with 6 direct reports over a ten year period of rapid business growth with extremely low staff turnover.
• Achieved large scale planning and on schedule execution of plans to implement a global Order Processing and Supply Chain System including: Customer Relationship Management based Call Center, Worldwide Order Processing, Supply Chain Management, Wireless Bar-coded Warehouse Management and Fulfillment system. Utilized a value stream business process design approach. The Warehouse Management and Fulfillment system alone resulted in savings of a million dollars a year with a verified three-year payback.
• Utilized Information Engineering Business Area Analysis (BAA) approach to Strategic Planning, which led to successful formulation of business needs and IT alignment of architecture through high level matrix, data and process modeling techniques resulting in key architecture blueprints and project plans which led to the design and implementation of an Aveda World-Wide Enterprise Data Management (EDM) Strategy and Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) utilizing SQL Server and Proclarity multi-dimensional data analysis tools. Three distinct businesses were successfully integrated into the highly reliable EDW which has consistently met customer service level agreements and functional requirements for sales, operational and financial reporting delivered via internet access to 200+ world-wide sales and finance staff.
• Coordinated world-wide design and implementation of integrated order processing and fulfillment system with 14 domestic distributors and 12 international distributors. Organized and led distributor IS conference to accomplish relationship building, integration and cost saving efficiencies within Aveda distribution network.
• Managed development of annual capital and expense budget integrated with annual IS strategic plan. Analyzed and consistently controlled to under budget capital averaging $4 million and expense of $4.5 million. Gradual reductions were achieved due to system investment payback and long term IS cost saving measures after initial investments in systems and infrastructure were successfully completed during extensive Aveda business acquisition and expansion period.
John F. Ghostley Page 3
Work History (continued)
• Negotiated design, procurement, testing and implementation of salon and store retail system in an innovative partnership with the leading third party distributor of Aveda products and services. Oversight of retail systems, cash wrap and telephony systems installations and systems training for 130 stores and salons opened over a two-year period. The system installed has operated successfully for six years with extremely low ongoing maintenance costs enabling Aveda to avoid installation of Estee Lauder’s corporate solution at a cost of about two million dollars.
• Directed planning, development and testing of Aveda IS service continuity plan involving warm site agreement with Sungard for 1600 client machine, 140 servers and two AS/400 mainframes operating environment. Coordinated development of enterprise wide business continuity plan and testing in a simulated “fire disaster scenario”. Successful warm site test of server based Order Processing call center system in New Jersey.
American Medical Systems
Advanced Technology Manager, 1994 - 1995
Manager of Systems Development, 1988 – 1994
Senior Programmer Analyst, 1984 – 1988
• Implemented Oracle Database and object oriented Powerbuilder Regulatory applications.
• Managed education of IS development staff on EDS structured analysis and design methodology. Staff dramatically reduced analysis and design times by utilizing Joint Application Design (JAD) and Rapid Application Development (RAD) techniques involving process and data modeling techniques with successful participation in JAD and RAD from user community.
• Supervised a systems development staff of 12 with extremely low turnover ratio and an expense annual budget of $750,000.
• Managed project team-oriented requirements analysis, package selection and implementation of enterprise-wide BPCS ERP system and barcode data transaction system.
• Led structured analysis of requirements, design and development of custom Online Consignment Order Processing and Sales Analysis system integrated with BPCS ERP system. Highly successful and used for ten years until replacement by JD Edwards ERP.
M.B.A. – Information Management GPA 3.95 University of St. Thomas ‘89
B.A. Biology University of St. Thomas ‘76
Other Pertinent Education and Professional Affiliations
• Electronic Data Systems (EDS) – Information Engineering Approach to IS Strategic Planning, Infrastructure Architecture Design, Structured Process, Data Modeling and Design in the context of IS project methodology.
• Manager’s Certification in IT Service Management - ITIL
• Certified Project Management Professional from Project Management Institute - PMP
• Several Oracle and Microsoft Database Administration Classes
• SAP training
• CDP certification – Society for certified systems professionals
• Member ITSMF ITIL forum and participation in ITIL executive roundtable
• Former president of Synon Users Group – Data modeling CASE tool
• Passed APICS certification tests in MRP and JIT
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum