Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ACamden
New Today: 32
New Yesterday: 58
Overall: 146012

People Online:
Visitors: 46
Members: 2
Total: 48 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Service Catalogue
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Service Catalogue
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: ITIL Service Catalogue Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

Is there a place, somewhere, where I could download a sample ITIL Service Catalogue? Or a description? A starting point?

I already had a look around, but haven't found anything.

Thanks a lot.

Kais
Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not clear on what you mean by "sample ITIL Service Catalogue" Kal. Can you elaborate?
lojic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Service Catalogue is a document that contains all the Services that are provided, a description of the service, service levels, cost of the service, the customer and the person/department responsible for the maintenance of the service.

The content of a Service Catalogue varies depending on the requirements of the IT organisation.

You should perhaps sit with the client and create the service level requirement ( the customers point of view) first.

Then develop a service spec. sheet which will outline the services you will provide: the how (sla/sqp) you are going to deliver & what (resources) you need to deliver.

Then comes the service catalogue which will outline the stevices and costs for the services.

Open view/Unicenter/Tivoli have tools but the question is can you afford
it?
eab

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: a startlist of standard IS/ICT products Reply with quote

I think Kal wanted to know if it is there a simple list of standard products, for example if the ITIL iniciative has something like a startlist, which of course can be (must to be) changed for the ICT services provider (ISP) and the details (versions or variants, pricing, supplying canals, marketing and product materials, PLM, ...) should be gennerated acording to the necesity of the ISP.
It should be very good for benchmarking and for proces and product detailization and metrics standardization.

Also if you are a starter in ICT services providing or a business consultant that need to council the customer about how to control a ISP and how to make the best SLA for the less efforts (like me Very Happy ) , you want to have a start list of the main IS/ICT services that can be managed.

Is it there something like that? There is not need to have details about each "product" only a start list... Thank you in advance

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I was wondering if you managed to obtain a Service Catalogue Template from anywhere?

Thnak
jmv

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: IT Services Catalogue Reply with quote

This is an excellent example of an ICT services catalogue in operation.

its.unsw.edu.au/services/cat/catalogue_home.html

Cheers

JMV

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Service Catalog "Lite" Reply with quote

Well, I may be new to ITIL, but the example noted appears to be a bit, "lite".

I'm not sure how one would be able to measure any of these services as described, since metrics are not given. Where is the description of what we require of the customer (Conditions)? The hours of service are missing also. As described to me in what I've read, the idea is to 'align' IT capabilities to the business, set customer expectations, and otherwise prepare the customer for an eventual agreement.

A service is supposed to be, "one or more IT processes, thought of as an assembly, that enable a businses process". So, when defining a service I make an obvious reference to the business process that each service supports. Is there any mention of process in this Service Catalog? Maybe up a level in the list of four dedicated web sites?

As the author of the thread is no doubt finding, it is difficult to find (free, or even usable) examples of the major document products (SLA, Service Catalog, Service Specification, Service Level Requirements, etc.).

For anyone looking for templates or examples, I would suggest that you do what apparently we all have had to do; read everything you can get your hands on, apply your industry experience, and design your own documents using the implied outlines that you will no doubt come across.

I am sorry that I cannot at this point provide examples that I have designed using the method I describe, but the docs are at this point "For internal use only"...

I hope this helps.

[Edited: Reason for edit - URL removed]
JonSims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: About the service catalogue Reply with quote

I am also fairly new to ITIL, but I believe that what you are describing ...
"metrics, IS requirements of the customer, service hours, etc." ... would be covered in the SLA.

My understanding is that the Service Catalogue is just a list of the services, which IS offer to the user. The user would then come back to IS with their requirements (Service Level Requirements). This is the point where the fun begins - negotiating! The result of the negotiations (not forgetting to take into account, OLAs and contracts!) would be your SLA.
lacegirl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you have the index of the official SLM2200 Service Catalogue Template

IT Service Management ervice Catalogue
1 Executive Overview
2 Scope
3 Service Summary Sheet
4 Service A
4.1 Description
4.2 Customers
4.3 Options
4.4 Price List
4.5 Dependencies & Contributors
4.6 Functional Specification
4.7 Technical Specification
4.8 Support Activities
4.9 Customizations or Variants
4.10 Existing SLAs
4.11 Restrictions
5 Appendices
6 Terminology
Lew Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you have a template for a service catalogue? Sure you can have some ideas of what info should go in there, but unless every IT department and business provides the same services why would you want to use someone else's catalogue as a template? And even if you did have similar services - such as providing an email service, network, telecomms, web servers etc etc, your capacity might be completely different, your service hours or support hours might be different...

Knowing about ITIL isn't an excuse for not having to do any work... the processes themselves won't get the job done.
Harvey
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

1 Executive Overview
2 Scope
3 Service Summary Sheet
4 Service A
4.1 Description
4.2 Customers
4.3 Options
4.4 Price List
4.8 Support Activities
4.10 Existing SLAs
4.11 Restrictions
5 Appendices
6 Terminology

Lacegirl, this is the type of thing I was looking for, where did you get this?
Harvey
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question, currrently we have prices for services listed as a per month basis. Ideally, we should be able to break down the cost to a per task basis, correct? I belive I have seen features like this in Service Desk products.

How does one typically go about breaking down this price list?

Thanks for any advice
Harvey
Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Blue Book says that one of the quick wins for Service Desk and simple Incident Management implementation would be publishing a Service Catalogue and User Handbook.

This user handbook, this would be something that explains to users what type of services they should expect from the IT department I assume? Anyone seen an example of this?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: You are a GEM. Thank you Reply with quote

You are a GEM. Thank you so much for providing this. NO
long explanation, to beating around the bush. Wow! That is
exactly what "I" wanted. A place to start.

Cheers,
André
itil@dkmstech.com

lacegirl wrote:

1 Executive Overview
2 Scope
3 Service Summary Sheet
4 Service A
4.1 Description
4.2 Customers
4.3 Options
4.4 Price List
4.8 Support Activities
4.10 Existing SLAs
4.11 Restrictions
5 Appendices
6 Terminology
Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: You are a GEM. Thank you Reply with quote

Hi

I have stumbled across this Forum accidently and could not resist getting involved in this catalogue discussion. I have implemented a comprehensive catalogue model in a Fortune 500 Company and was an ITIL consultant prior to this.

There is NO correct TOC, Index, template, blah blah for a catalogue. In case you have not all done your homework, ITIL is not prescriptive, hence what works in one company's IT environment does not work in anothers. Thus...you cannot copy and paste templates and expect these to work. If it was this straight forward these would be provided by the ITSMF and every company would have the same catalogue.

Furthermore, yes SLA's hold this type of information but they also hold all sorts of junk, are usually large and do not concisely extract the information most critical to the services you provide to the end customer...your business units. Also, every agreement is not the same therefore the common language is also distorted. I can go on for years on this, but I strongly recommend you study up before you attempt to present catalogue models to your business units as they will eat you alive if you cannot explain the purpose, benefits, etc to them. Good luck.

Anonymous wrote:
You are a GEM. Thank you so much for providing this. NO
long explanation, to beating around the bush. Wow! That is
exactly what "I" wanted. A place to start.

Cheers,
André
itil@dkmstech.com

lacegirl wrote:

1 Executive Overview
2 Scope
3 Service Summary Sheet
4 Service A
4.1 Description
4.2 Customers
4.3 Options
4.4 Price List
4.8 Support Activities
4.10 Existing SLAs
4.11 Restrictions
5 Appendices
6 Terminology
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: