Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: DamienSid
New Today: 60
New Yesterday: 85
Overall: 141584

People Online:
Visitors: 60
Members: 3
Total: 63 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Incident Management, Problem Management .. what next?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Incident Management, Problem Management .. what next?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfhard
Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Incident Management, Problem Management .. what next? Reply with quote

Ladies and gentlemen,

my company a global IT service provider (call center, helpdesk, 2000+ employees) is planning to implement two of the ten ITIL guidelines by the end of 2005, Incident Management and Problem Management.

Is this a reasonable amount of time to achieve this goal?

After having achieved this, which of the other eight guidelines should be next in line for implementation?

I am currently a student of IS Management and I need to write a management advice (paper) were I have to choose one of the ITIL guidelines and make (write) an implementation plan for it, about 15 pages.

With the above two already taken care of, I would really appreaciate it if you could give me a few tips on what should be done next and also how I should go about doing this.

Thank you very much.
Wolfhard Aring
davyjimjam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

In response:

The time to implement the processes may be enough time (in my humble opinion - others may disagree!) and depends entirely on if and how the processes are adopted and adapted and can only be guaranteed if Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators are set and met.

Again, in my opinion, Change Management would be the best process to implement, although this depends on what your business deems as being critical or necessary to justify the implementation or anything that can be used as a quick-win including such processes as IT Service Continuity Management or Service Level Management. However, Change Management, along with Configuration Management, underpins all ITIL processes and should, ideally, be implemented first (again, just my opinion!).

Hope this helps - although I may have muddied the water a bit!

Davy Jim Jam
wolfhard
Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your insight.

My company's main activity is call center, helpdesk solutions. So the face of the company to the outside is very important. Thus incoming incidents and how they are dealt with are the bread and butter of our business.

I can see why incident management and problem management are the number one and number two processes being implemented. Both are on the operational side.

Furthermore on the operational side we have configuration, change and release management.
The hardware and software supporting the processes haven't changed in two years which leads me to believe that implementing these guidelines are not a high priority.

On the strategic side we have SLA management which comes into direct contact with Incident and Problem management plus it is the process which is the most (external) customer facing.

I would appreaciate it a lot if someone could give me an estimate on how long it would take to write an implementation plan for SLA managment and even better, provide me with an example.

Thank you very much.
Wolfhard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> The ITIL Service Desk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: