Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: SVancouve
New Today: 16
New Yesterday: 75
Overall: 142310

People Online:
Visitors: 69
Members: 2
Total: 71 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ItSM a new frontier for me
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ItSM a new frontier for me

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ITIL Forum Index -> Related Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techguru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: ItSM a new frontier for me Reply with quote

Hi all
I request all forum member to give advice whether doing ITSM V3 worthwhile. i am certified MCSE 2003 security . soon i will beflying to australa for job. do itsm has a good carrer in australia
UrgentJensen
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello techguru,

Is ITIL v3 worthwhile? Well, if you wish to stay techincal then it's worth understanding the broad structure and that should be enough. ITIL is not technical so an MCSE is not directly beneficial.

But if you've already got a job in service management lined up, and don't know anything about it, then do some reading up - FAST!

There's lots of info on this site if you take the time to look around. Alternatively just book yourself on a course asap.

Good luck,

UJ
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigh. Not again.

posting the same question in multiple rooms

Look techguru. ITIL is a IT Best Practice.

V2 focused on the IT Operational issues and contrates the management of IT into 2 separate areas - support and deilvery

V3 focuses on ALL aspects of IT - operations, planning, project etc. It divides the areas into 5 separate area. Each covering an aspect of IT
Transition, operations etc

I personally prefer v2 but ITIL is ITIL.

If you are in IT and are going to be team lead, mgmt etc you shoudl ahve exposure to all the practices that impact on IT. COBIT, ITIL, CMMI, PMP, PRINCE2, SAS70, ISO20000, ISO27001, etc

Whether you get deep into the practices iis determinate on what your role is and your interest / work / etc

As to how ITIL Australia is.. check out the itsmf site

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
ITILadmin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:
sigh. Not again.

posting the same question in multiple rooms

We have delivered the same fate to hist account as the last guy.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ITIL Forum Index -> Related Topics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: