Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: LWinifred
New Today: 4
New Yesterday: 54
Overall: 146217

People Online:
Visitors: 35
Members: 2
Total: 37 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Does anyone have experience of implementing ITIL -University
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone have experience of implementing ITIL -University

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anthony

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Does anyone have experience of implementing ITIL -University Reply with quote

Hello ITILers

I am a BSc Business IT student on my final year project.

My project is about the feasibility of implementing BS15000 in an academic institute. I am interested in ITIL practioners experiences of implementing ITIL. The sort of topics which would be useful are;

Problems/issues experienced.
Change management.
Approaches to implementation
Management techniques used.
Analysis of existing processess.
Templates for implmentation

etc....

If you have any information on pratical implementations I would be enternally grateful.

Peace
doussa1

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

I am in the same bath. I have to implement ITIL for companies and I am computer science's student. I had prepared a report but still I can't understand how i will deal with it.

If u found anythg plz would u help me.... thx

Wink
RandyASteinberg

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am nearing completion of a book that is totally dedicated to this elusive subject. Let me know your timeframe - I am happy to share some inofrmation in this area wherever I can. I can be reached at RandyASteinberg@aol.com. I was previously Global Head Of Service for Reuters and enjoyed my London stays very much.
mcardinal
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy,

Can you please share what you have with me? With my background in education prior to IT, I am very interested.

We need to get you back to Central Illinois sometime to speak. Hope to see you in Chicago in September!

Michael Cardinal
State Farm
dailo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked at a university Service Desk, the ITIL approach came into effect as of May 2005. From my experience, the first phase is to inform people of the change, aggregating all the various IT departments in all the different schools and faculties into one centralised helpdesk called Service Desk.

The Service Desk is like a call centre which is responsibile for first level support and for resolving easy proboems. Harder problems gets escalated to the appropriate teams.

From the Service Desk, you have other groups like Desktop Support, Build Team, Windows Server Team, Unix Server Team, Informations Systems Project Team, WebCT Team, Student Portal Team, Security, Audio Visual Services, Web Services, Data Communications and Voice communications.

All phone calls and jobs are logged to the Service Desk which then reassign relevant jobs to the different teams.

Helpdesk software such as TouchPaper, ServiceCenter, Track-It...etc

So I reckon we implemented the Service Support first, then comes up Service Delivery which is still at the planning state.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Related Topics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: