Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: TMcCann
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 69
Overall: 142364

People Online:
Visitors: 59
Members: 1
Total: 60 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Service Management apps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Service Management apps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malibu999

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Service Management apps Reply with quote

We are evaluating InfraEnterprise, FrontRange ITSM and SDE. Can anyone assist with feedback on any of these apps from a customization and integration perspective?
Doober
Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say Service Management tool, do you mean "a tool with which to support all our ITIL processes" or are you specifically looking for something to address Service Management, the concept?

I used to do integrations for SDE back when it was called Magic. Its not a bad tool at all, but the idea of Services hasn't been incorporated full force yet. I've also used HP's OVSD 4.5 and 5.1 and while they have what appears to be cool Service Management features, the applications are complete nightmares in every other aspect.

A new kid on the block is Service-Now. I've only had a few hours on the demo, but it looks pretty powerful.
malibu999

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response. Yes, we are looking for a tool that supports ITIL processes. We have discounted HP's Service Management and have shortlisted to the three I mentioned but will probably exclude SDE as well because of the Services requirement.

I will have a look at Service-Now.
joe_bake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We use ChangeGear from SunView software. It's good, it has a few bugs, but overall it offers good control.
joe_bake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, expanding what I said above...

SunView offers demos in their website, these demos are pretty good. I think the product is definitely worth taking a look. You can run it in an intranet, it is built thinking in ITIL, and you can do many customizations. As I said above, it has a few bugs which can make the usability a bit annoying, but the benefits of the product really outweigh the glitches.

We are satisfied with this product at our company.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: