Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: FreemanTach
New Today: 5
New Yesterday: 164
Overall: 131414

People Online:
Visitors: 59
Members: 3
Total: 62 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - I need advice from fellow forum members !!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need advice from fellow forum members !!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parneet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: I need advice from fellow forum members !!!!! Reply with quote

I'm an international student enrolled for MBA Information Systems at Sheffield Hallam University. I've experience in Change Management and will be taking ITIL Foundation soon.

How's the ITIL job market in UK ? Which are the Recuirtment agencies in UK, who can get me a job in the same ?

Looking forward to advise and guidance.

Thanks & Regards,
Parneet S Bindra.
Cell : 07521-289-851.
Email : parneet.bindra@gmail.com
BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parneet - I have always found Elan to be very good. Depends who you deal with in each agency. By and large I have found a lot of people who work in agencies to be largely oblivious to the skills and experience required for the jobs for which they are recruiting. Glorified car salesmen IMHO.

As far as jobs go you're probably still talking about London and the M4 corridor for the most jobs but Leeds, Manchester and Cheshire are up and coming.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the following are websites that cater to it jobs

jobserve
jobsite

etc

if you are IT literate, you should be able to search for things like
IT, Jobs, ITIL, project management, etc etc

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
TomOzITIL
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work for a multinational outsourcer, based in Australia.

Rest of this post is a gross generalisation, but here goes.

As scary as this sounds, the UK and the Netherlands are among the most progressive adopters of ITIL compared with elsewhere around the world. In Australia, nearly every Outsourcing relationship is asking for ITSM/ITIL, and many existing ones are failing because of a lack of it.

The situation is even worse in the USA, they are probably 2 years behind UK/NL. Don't even ask about Asia.
Parneet

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I thank each of you for valuable input. I'm currently looking for contract oppurtunity in Manchester, South Yorkshire area and have been in touch with Elan and Reeds, recvd. promising response from both agencies.

Looking forward to your guidance and support in future as well.

Very Happy
kinger
Itiler

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomOzITIL wrote:
I work for a multinational outsourcer, based in Australia.

Rest of this post is a gross generalisation, but here goes.

As scary as this sounds, the UK and the Netherlands are among the most progressive adopters of ITIL compared with elsewhere around the world. In Australia, nearly every Outsourcing relationship is asking for ITSM/ITIL, and many existing ones are failing because of a lack of it.

The situation is even worse in the USA, they are probably 2 years behind UK/NL. Don't even ask about Asia.

That's interesting what you say TomOzITIL.

Are you suggesting then that these countries are desperate to recruit in these industries?

As a couple my partner and I have been thinking of moving to another country for quite a while, but my fear of finding a start in the ITIL industry too difficult in another country (I know how difficult it can be for a company investing in someone that doesn't have a permanant residency), I have never taken the idea too seriously. If I've understood what you're saying correctly, I would stand a good chance of finding a placement and may even get help getting ITIL related work elsewhere?

Two friends of mine went to an Australian Expo recently and got some background information for me whilst they were there, perhaps this is something I may take a bit more seriously now?
TomOzITIL
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kinger,

I can't speak for other companies, but I doubt that we would bring an expat over who needed training or didn't have the experience to hit the ground running.

Personally, I'd find it near impossible uprooting my family to work overseas in a somewhat new career direction (but I'm sure braver people than me have done it).

I think try to get a few years experience at home and then make the move.

PS: Australia has relatively tough immigration laws compared with other countries. We are probably too picky about who we allow into our country as IMHO we could do with a big influx of (hopefully skilled) migrants.

Lastly, if you do get the chance to come Down Under, it is a very good lifestyle and you'd love it Smile
kinger
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomOzITIL wrote:
Hi kinger,

I can't speak for other companies, but I doubt that we would bring an expat over who needed training or didn't have the experience to hit the ground running.

Personally, I'd find it near impossible uprooting my family to work overseas in a somewhat new career direction (but I'm sure braver people than me have done it).

I think try to get a few years experience at home and then make the move.

PS: Australia has relatively tough immigration laws compared with other countries. We are probably too picky about who we allow into our country as IMHO we could do with a big influx of (hopefully skilled) migrants.

Lastly, if you do get the chance to come Down Under, it is a very good lifestyle and you'd love it Smile

Hi Tom,

I'm sorry, having re-read my post, I can see why you thought my ITIL experience was not up to what it should be. That is not the case, I don't do all ITIL functions (just Change and Config), but the ones I do I do very well and have the certifications to prove my understanding.

You're a good advert for your country, and it looks like me and the family can st down and seriously talk and think about our options, thanks.

kinger
kinger
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING, you have an email.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep replying tonight to you after thinking about it

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
kinger
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Jobs All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: