Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: Codrescu
New Today: 16
New Yesterday: 70
Overall: 146115

People Online:
Visitors: 58
Members: 0
Total: 58

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - IT Survey Questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IT Survey Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FGD
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Best practice? Reply with quote

So far the chipmunk whisperer role hasn't been fully documented, and it would fall under the generic role specification of the Service Desk manager. Which is me, by the way. I'm training another person, but so far the results have not been extremely satisfying. It's difficult to correlate this person's intervention to the fact that two chipmunks have started taking longer nut breaks, but I don't have enough data yet to provide proper trend analysis.

I've gone onto several chipmunk forums, but couldn't get some proper advice on developing a syllabus to chipmunk whispering -- I usually got questions back along the lines of: what type of chipmunk? Tamias alpinus or tamias amoenus? How much time and effort can you put into training chipmunks? Is your organization sponsoring the whole human to chipmunk migration? Why don't you get in touch with a chipmunk consulting firm? etc.

Maybe the people who employ dogs could provide more real-life experiences, since dog trainer is an actual job. But small animals to staff service desk is really new, so only time will tell.
Then, it could be acknowledged as a best practice, be adopted across all of industry and be included in a set of good practices.
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Diarmid's suggestion is interesting, but how do you then handle the Service Desk's visibility?

That's where the Picts come in.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
FGD
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: The rogue Scots? Reply with quote

Diarmid wrote:

That's where the Picts come in.

These Picts? Question
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict.

A very early pre-itil system.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
FGD
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Ummagumma Reply with quote

Sorry for not getting it right away Embarassed ; I remember listening to this album, but it was before I got interested in reading sleeve notes and titles. This is indeed a very relevant reference. My knowledge has broadened somehow. Thanks.
UrgentJensen
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, look guys I thought I was the resident connoisseur of the finer mystical hallucinatory narcotics, but it seems you two have tapped into some force far more powerful, because even I don't know what you're talking about now. What the hell, welcome to party!

As the Ambassador said at the Ferrero Rocher party: "Ah, with these disco biscuits you are really spoiling us".

UJ

(Beige badge)
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UJ

It is a Pink Floyd roger waters reference. I had to yahoo it

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
UrgentJensen
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there you go then, it IS all about the drugs. Where's my earl grey...?

(Beige badge)
FGD
Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Search engines are your friends... Reply with quote

Indeed. Thanks to search engines, I eventually understood Diarmid's statements, which had left me puzzled so far.

But aren't we slightly drifting off topic?
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I know I'm older and wiser than you lot Smile Smile

I have Ummagumma Exclamation

And before you ask - yes it is addictive.
William Penn 1644-1718
asrilrm
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the best Pink Floyd's album Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> The ITIL Service Desk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: