Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: JSeton
New Today: 37
New Yesterday: 67
Overall: 148339

People Online:
Visitors: 57
Members: 0
Total: 57

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Operationl Support and Analysis Cert
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Operationl Support and Analysis Cert

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vz-r_Dave

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Operationl Support and Analysis Cert Reply with quote

Hi Guy's

Passed my V3 Foundation a long time ago and am now progressing on to intermediate. Currently reading through the Service Operation book and plan on taking the Operational Support and Analysis cert hopefully in late January. My question is for those who have already taken the exam and your thoughts on the question structure. Any pointers or tips on things I should be reading up on etc.

Thanks

Dave
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe you have to do a training course before sitting for the post foundation certifications, Dave
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
vz-r_Dave

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes a 4 day course with an exam at the end, 3K sterling I believe. I am hoping to get funding for it through work as I cant foot that without them unfortunately.
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are any sample exams about it would be good to go over those several times.
Absorb as much of the books as you can. Probably for each process yo should know several inputs, outputs and triggers.
The more you do prior to the course the better imho because it's a massive amount of information and learning to cram into 4 days

Liz would be better placed to advise you as she teaches the stuff
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
vz-r_Dave

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, I will contact Liz.

Dave
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone else is interested, this was my reply to Dave -
"Unfortunately there are hardly any mock papers available, which your training provider should give you as part of your course. The questions are looking for application and management awareness more than knowledge, strangely.
There is a new book which I have not read myself
ITIL V3 Capability Operational Support & Analysis Handbook (OSA) ISBN: 9780113312085
It is only 10, and the blurb says
Following on from the highly successful ITIL V3 Foundation Handbook, itSMF UK's Publications Committee have produced two new pocket reference guides (co-branded by itSMFI and TSO) for those following the Intermediate Capability qualification.

Van Haren books are good, they have one called
Service Operation based on ITIL V3 Management Guides (english version)
ISBN: 9789087531270
I advise you try reading these"
ITPC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Have you considered doing an online course?

587.50 for the online course, exam + support is much better than sitting in a classroom for three days and coughing up between 1,500 and 3K....

Just a thought...
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although on-line courses can be good, and I have recently been doing development in this area, I would be very hesitant about these for Intermediate. You may well pass the exam, but how much you would actually learn.....
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been doing an on-line course for the last 3 months. It's part of post graduate Uni work.
The course material is the relevant ITIL book, plus other material (e.g. for RCV most of the syllabus is derived from the ST book but not all, so the other parts are supplied too) plus an on-line tutorial every week. There are assignments as well. I think there are benefits to this method, as there is a lot of subject matter, and to absorb it meaningfully in 4 days is virtually impossible imho.
But on the other hand if my employer offered to fund me to sit the 4 day course followed by the exam I would say yes please thanks very much
PMI CAPM (R)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: