Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: CKXM
New Today: 11
New Yesterday: 70
Overall: 143500

People Online:
Visitors: 68
Members: 2
Total: 70 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Foundations Certification Logo
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Foundations Certification Logo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giovanni24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: ITIL Foundations Certification Logo Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can get a Logo for use with my email signature? I want to append the logo onto my email signature along with my vendor certifications so as to communicate through my messaging collaboration with my clients my current ITIL Foundations V3 certification.

Thanks ahead of time.

-Giovanni
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, what you are doing may not be legal i think there may be so IP issues
per se

You should contact your local itSMF for guidance

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Giovanni24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Legal? Let me explain so there is no confusion.

In my email signaure I have appended a Cisco CCDA Certificate Logo. This communicates to anyone I send email to that I have a CCDA Certification with Cisco. I have a corresponding ID and Certification number along with a profile with Cisco and their database for all certifications that I own.

I have recently attained my ITIL Founations V3 certification by passing the ITIL Foundations V3 exam. I have not received the hard copies for my certification because I literaly just took the class and exam last week. However, I did receive correspondence this morning from the provider of the exam the results of my exam. I passed.

Therefore, I want to include in my email signature that I have the ITIL Foundations V3 certificate.

Is this still illegal? I am not sure I understand why you stated that what I was doing is illegal? Please explain.

-Giovanni
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said I think there may be an IP (intellectual property) issue

please check with the itSMF associated with your country

AS for putting a logo associated with your name, it depends on the certification scheme and what rights they give you when you participate in their program

I hold (did hold) several Microsoft certifications - MCSE, MCSE+I, MOUS Expert - Word, Excel, Access, Power Point

I would get a a logo diagram that I could use

I figure if I had a business card 1 foot long and 1 foot wide, I could put all of the logo that I am entitled too.

I could also put the logo as an attachment to my email.

I have the ITIL Manager's Certificate. It is called Red BAdge because the diamond with the 4 diamond shapes have a red background.. same for Green badge etc, blue... etc

I dont know whether OGC/who ever has ownership of ITIL has created logos to be associated with some one passing the ITIL foundation course.

If they have not granted that, then the use of their logo would be IP infringement. If they have granted that people who pass the exam can put some sort of identification associated with their identity

But you need to check with them not us. That is why I said check with itsmf. They are a better source than this forum

on a side note, please re-consider attaching logos to your email signature

remember there are email filter programs that look for graphics and consider some graphics as an indication of spam

I use the text version -

John Hardesty
ITIL Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

I could add

MBCS after my name as I am a full member of the British COmputer Society but while I am a lot of things, pretentious I am not (no comment UJ)

And as a final note: (my opinion)

Passing the ITIL Foundation course - v2 or V3 - is the equivilent of getting your student drivers licence.

You know enough about the subject to understand the subject and the key phrases

You also know that you are at the bottom of the ITIL knowledge learning tree.

---
Please take this the right way.

I am glad you have taken the foundation course. But it is the beginning of your ITIL education not the end. Save your announcement to the world for the managers' certificate

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Giovanni24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input and advice.

Best regards,
Giovanni
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: