Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:31 am Post subject: Looking for an Infrastructure Configuration Manager - ITIL
Position: Configuration Manager, Infrastructure, ITIL
Duration: 4+ months
Location: Northern Suburbs of Chicago, IL
I am looking for an Environment Configuration Manager with experience in Wintel and Unix environments.
1) Designs, develops, maintains, supports, and tests the environments and infrastructure to meet business needs.
2) Investigates and documents configuration management plan components and alternatives related to code promotion as directed.
3) Follows an established, documented process for code migration and reports exceptions.
4) Partners with vendors to configure packaged software for the Customer Experience environment.
5) Supports root-cause analysis on incidents to provide future application, hardware and/or software resiliency.
7) Analyzes hardware and system software needs for the system.
8) Coordinates with others to develop and maintain the production environment. Checks application health logs, statistics, job history, and script results to determine need for action.
9) Resolves issue/problem and escalates appropriately.
* Responsible for program product installation, hardware/software configuration, performance tuning, capacity planning, and/or support.
* Could recommend and coordinate server hardware/software upgrades/replacements.
* Creates and validates backup and recovery processes from a hardware/software perspective.
* Understands the enterprise system management concepts and issues and may involve writing code to automate processes.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum