Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: SSalcido
New Today: 31
New Yesterday: 72
Overall: 139521

People Online:
Visitors: 52
Members: 1
Total: 53 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Pin
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Pin
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
telcoguy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: ITIL Pin Reply with quote

I reciently recieved my Foundations Cert along with my pin. Can anyone tell me what the symbol on the pin represents?
itil_asia
Itiler

Location: South East Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Pin color Reply with quote

Yours should be Green.
Blue = Practitionner
Red = Guru
telcoguy

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any significance to the four squares in the design?
Spydermug

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: I want one!!! Reply with quote

does everyone get a pin? I am writing my certification exam tomorrow and i would like to have a pin. Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get your results, there is usually a form with it to send off for your pin.
liz@liz-gallaacher.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: meaning of the 4 squares on the pin Reply with quote

Extract from the EXIN website explains this:
ITIL pins
It has been a well-known tradition for years that passing an ITIL-exam does not only result in a certificate, but is also accompanied by the presentation of this pin. This distinguishing badge in the form of the internationally well-known ITIL-logo, exists in 3 colours:
green, for the Foundation Certificate
blue, for the Practitioner's Certificate
red, for with the Manager's Certificate
The internationally well-known ITIL-logo has adorned the covers of ITIL books for years.

The exact meaning of the symbolism has more or less vanished into the the darkness of history. But veterans, asked for their opinion, seem to remember that the 12 bars symbolize the coherence of the IT Infrastructure, grouped around one central point: service. The four fields thus symbolize the four important groups of subjects in ITIL. At the moment they are: Service Support and Delivery, IT Management, Infrastructure Management and Application Management.
But the square fields also stand for the parties involved, grouped around the ITIL standard.

Central in this is the ITIL-literature (owner OGC), and next the users (represented in the itSMF), the examination institutes (such as EXIN), the trainers and the suppliers of advice services and tools.
Liz
Spydermug

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: I passed!!! Reply with quote

I passed my ITIL certification last week Smile But I did not get a form for the PIN Sad Do you know if I can get the form online and submit it on my own? Shocked
javierarcal
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you receive your score by postal mail, you will received the form to ask for yor PIN, at least that was the ISEB works.

A little bit of patiente..Smile

Best Regards

Javier
Clarence

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you apply for a duplicate certificate , (or a badge) if you need to ?
javierarcal
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Ask ISEB or EXIN Reply with quote

Hi Clarence,

I am not sure, but I really think if you contact ISEB or EXIN, depends on which institute you have obtain your certification, they will provide you a duplicate.

Best Regards
Javier
ITIL V3 Accredited Trainer
ITIL Service Manager® Certified by EXIN
ITIL Foundation® Certified by UK ISEB
ITIL Consultant and Trainer
Email: javier.arcal@gmail.com
MSN: javierrmad
Clarence

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Javierarcal !
Benalinae

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does any one know how you can replace the pins if they are broken or lost. Mine just broke today.
Jock

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Infrastructure Managment Reply with quote

Not forgetting the White Pin for the Infrastructure Managers Exam

Jock
Roger
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Contact your training vendor... Reply with quote

Most of this thread talks about contacting Exin or ISEB...

I'd say contact your training vendor... they are usually sent bags of pins and should have a good stock.

If you didn't take the Foundation course via a vendor, but just went direct to Prometric... then that will prove to be tricky!
Ed
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

This subject keeps coming up - not suprising really.

When I passed my Foundation the pin was actually subsidised by Fox-It. I was sent a form , and received my green pin. However, when I passed my both my Practitioners, I received the same form, faxed it off, but never received a pin for either. This says to me that the pins are no longer being sent out. Has anyone received a pin in the last year? If not, this would tend to re-inforce my view.

Regards

Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: