Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: MWaldock
New Today: 55
New Yesterday: 76
Overall: 142350

People Online:
Visitors: 47
Members: 2
Total: 49 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Train the trainer course
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Train the trainer course

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robpco

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Train the trainer course Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm glad I finally found this board! I've been asked to deliver some ITIL training and would like to find a train the trainer course. Anybody know of anything like this out there?

Rob
lisalisacj

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

ITSM Academy has a Corporate Training Program in place. You could contact them to see if they have what you need.

Good Luck!
AlisonAdams

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,
it depends on the nature of training you are planning to provide ie the level of it and the audience.

If it is a general introduction, an overview, a company presentation, or even to prepare someone for the ITIL Foundation exam, then once you (and they) are satisfied with your understanding of ITIL and abilities in training, off you go ! There are no 'official' pre-requisites for a trainer at this level - as long as you don't present yourself or the material as being 'Accredited' that is and as long as you observe the rigorous (read 'expensive') copyright and licensing requirements of the official ITIL publications.

For any ITIL training leading to qualifications beyond Foundation level, students must attend an Accredited course. That requires the training provider, the materials and you the trainer/s to all be Accredited by an Examination Institute. So If your objective is something in this area, there are some quite reasonable quality hoops to jump through first and you will need time and some help with this - eg you will need to demonstrate knowledge of the subject (what ITIL certification do you have ?), relevant experience in your work history and an ability to 'train' so you will probably be expected to observe and then deliver the material under supervision - possibly a number of times - before you are allowed to go solo as an 'Accredited' trainer.

If you explain a little further where you are starting from and what is your objective, I may be able to give you some pointers I am a freelance ITIL trainer myself.

Regards,
Alison
robpco

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very helpful info. Could they make this any more complicated? I am doing some ITIL overview courses now and would like to become an accredited instructor. But, don't have lots of time to put into it.
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Alison says, you can deliver overview courses un-accredited, and it is possible to also deliver Foundation level, if students are going to sit the exam on-line. But I am concerned that you wish to become accredited but do not want to spend time on achieving that. Accredited means that you have been assessed and found to have the necessary knowledge, experience and training ability to help students to learn and pass the exams. It is only fair to the students that this is the case.
It is similar to the students who come on courses and are horrified that they need to actually learn the material if they want to pass the exam, rather than just being present in the classroom. I did have one student who sulkily asked "Do we actually have to learn this?" - I told him that that was only true if he wanted to get the qualification!
Accreditation means quality-assured - so of course it takes time and effort!
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alsion,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have been teaching ITIL foundation for a year now and doing a great job. I am considering to teach higher levels of ITIL now So can you please advise who to contact exactly to become an Accredited trainer.

Many Thanks,

A
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to apply to EXIN, ISEB or APMG. Their requirements may differ. For ISEB, you need get a Training Organisation to sponsor you and let you sit in/train under supervision a few courses. You also need Red Badge certification. For V3 you need to have passed each exam you teach.
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That answers my question

Cheers Liz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: