Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:01 pm Post subject: Interfacing ITSM tools
I have left that forum for a while, my new job allowing very little time to further expand experience sharing with you all.
I'am back today, with a very business related question (or 2):
* Has anyone experienced interconnecting IT Service Management tools, especially Incident Management ones (so called "ticketing" systems)? To what level of success?
* We are running BMC's ITSM suite (V6 & planning to migrate to V7), and I have to provide answers on the "compatibility" of this tool with others on the market , for I.M. purposes. Yes I'll call BMC's rep. to get their answers , but would like to know about real experiences.
So far, and after more than 20 years in IT Management, I have never seen this sort of interconnection working , as the tools are not only different but also the way they are implemented (to support the way an organization implements its processes) is different, especially workflows... All the interconnections I have seen so far were limited to:
* take all the data from the form provided by software A
* reenter all the data into a new form in software B
* forms in software A & B are modified to integrate all types of data from each other software...
thanks in advance for your help _________________ JP Gilles
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum