Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:13 am Post subject: How I am implementing ITIL
I am working with a large enterprise and am in charge of increasing service levels using ITIL and process-improvement activities.
As I review the literature, there seems to be any number of ways to approach implementation, and I can appreciate that.
I am taking the following approach:
1) define a service catalog (underway - an enormous undertaking)
2) select a service for a pilot
3) write a draft SLA for the service, this gives us service targets in a cross-disciplinary sense
4) review ITIL for best practices that might be applicable to the service
5) improve the service by re-engineering the processes as necessary in order to meet the performance metrics set forth in the SLA
6) establish an SLA monitoring capability, find an SLA monitoring tool
7) pick another service, rinse and repeat
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum