Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:14 am Post subject: Change Management Team Structure
The organization I work for is looking to design a Change Management team as part of our overall Service management organization. Does anyone have suggestions on organizational structures they have seen or implemented ?
Everyone always asks for a magical organization structure, but these differ depending on your company culture, style of operating, communication flow and the tasks to be performed.
Suggest the following approach:
1) Inventory all the activities/tasks needed that you expect to be perfomed within Change Management.
2) Group these into Roles (i.e. Change manager, Change Analyst, Change Administrator, etc.)
3) Identify needed skills for each role
4) Create job descriptions - these may be equal to a role or incorporate multiple roles, or just do part of a role
5) Determine an appropriate organization structure based on communication and workflow. (i.e. a centralized structure, a peer structure, or a distributed structure)
The above has been described very quickly, but feel free to contact me at RandyASteinberg@aol.com if confused or still stuck. I have listings of organization considerations, recommended roles and activities for each role if that will help.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum