Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: NGCDrusil
New Today: 4
New Yesterday: 69
Overall: 148076

People Online:
Visitors: 40
Members: 1
Total: 41 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Need answers to ITIL v2 Foundation Objective Questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need answers to ITIL v2 Foundation Objective Questions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vt123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Need answers to ITIL v2 Foundation Objective Questions Reply with quote

I have few questions for which I am not sure of the answers. Can some one provide the answers to the questions and the reasoning why he thinks that answer is correct. Please don't make blind guesses.

Q 1. A printer in a department of an insurance office has broken down. Third Party and Single Source Maintenance wants to approach the supplier of the printer to remedy the defect.
Third Party and Single Source Maintenance can obtain data from Configuration Management about which of the following:
1. The location of the printer
2. The type of maintenance contract
3. The number of disruptions the printer has experienced in the last six months
Which of the above is correct:
A. Only 1 and 2
B. Only 1 and 3
C. Only 2 and 3
D. 1, 2, and 3

Q2. Which of the following is NOT a function of IT Financial Management?
A. Estimating costs.
B. Monitoring costs.
C. Pricing of computer services.
D. Review of the IT Financial Management process.
E. Establishing charging policy.

Q3. Which of the following are properly the prime responsibility of Availability Management?
1. To plan for and monitor the availability of IT services agreed in SLAs.
2. To negotiate the availability levels in SLAs.
3. To record details of unavailability events.
4. To initiate changes to the infrastructure to prevent failures of availability.

A. 1 and 2.
B. 3 and 4.
C. All of them.
D. 1 and 4.

Q4. Consider the following statements:
1. The Service Desk is the daily communication point for all users. The Service Desk is responsible for handling users’ problems related to the use of IT services. For specific questions about particular issues, users are referred to the IT department responsible for these issues.
2. The Service Desk rectifies all faults and re-establishes normal service after a break.
Are these statements correct ?
A. Only the first one.
B. Only the second one.
C. Both.
D. Neither.

Q5. Which of the following are the responsibility of IT Financial Management?
1. Making a decision on introducing charging for IT service.
2. Calculating the charges to be levied for a particular service.
3. Deciding what to pay for replacement equipment.
4. Shaping user behaviour through differential charging.

A. Only the first three
B. 2 and 4 only
C. 1, 2 and 4

Q6. During the development of a new information system the amount of disk space needed for software as well as data is determined.
Which function is responsible for ensuring that this disk space is available at the moment that the information system is phased in?
A Availability Management
B Capacity Management
C Cost Management
D Release Management

Q7. Which of the following range of activities lie wholly within the province of Problem Management?
A From matching symptoms to the creation of a known error
B From the identification of multiple occurrences of an incident to resolution
C From the identification of a problem to making a change
D From the identification of a problem to resolution.

Q8. During the implementation of a new word processing system on a number of Local Area Networks it transpires that a unique license file must be installed on each Local Area Network for the system to work correctly.
Which function is responsible for ensuring that each Local Area Network has the right file?
A Configuration Management
B Network Management
C Release Management
D Change Management

Q9. The first activity of Problem Control is to identify and record problems. What is the first step to be taken in identifying a problem?
A Analyse all existing incidents
B Classify and prioritise problems
C Solve problems
D Provide Management information

Q10. Consider the following information:

1 Type identity
2 Unique identifier
3 Version number
4 Copy number

Which of the above details must be recorded for every CI in the CMDB?

A 1 & 2
B 1, 3 & 4
C All of them
D 2 & 3

Q11. Which of the following best describes ‘reliability’?

A The combination of confidentiality, integrity, and maintainability
B The ability of a service to remain functional even though some components have failed
C The ability of a CI to remain functional under given conditions
D The ability of a CI to be retained in, or restored to, an operational state.

Q12. Which of the following would NOT normally be regarded as one of the major input cost elements of an IT cost model?

A Accommodation
B Transfer
C Software
D Service

Q13. Which of the following activities is NOT the responsibility of Problem
Management?

A Co-ordinating major problem reviews
B Determining the root cause of incidents
C Providing management information on incidents, problems and known errors
D Implementing error resolutions

Q14. Which of the following is NOT the responsibility of the Release Management process?

A Distributing software
B The physical aspects of software control
C Helping to determine the software release policy
D Ensuring that CMDB entries concerning software CIs are verified

Q15. As an external consultant to ABC Inc, you are in the process of creating the
roles as per ITIL processes. The no. of people taking up the various roles is
less and hence multiple roles may have to be assigned to a single person. In
this scenario, which are the role combinations that you would BEST AVOID.
A Service Desk Manager and Incident Manager
B Change and Release Manager
C Service Level and Availability Manager
D Incident and Problem Manager
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which ones do you think are correct?
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you are self studying huh...

The answers are in the materials that are supposed to be used for studying

or inthe V2 or V3 books - either not exactly but as part of the descriptionof the process

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vt123

If you tell what you think the answer is and them wait for us to reply / give you hints as to what the answer may be

I wont answer the questions below for you for several reasons

the first being... you dont learn the material but learn to answer a question - which maynever appear again on the exam

and yes I do know the answers

While the forum does answer questions about ITIL, its use etc
the forum is not really a study answer group

Usually these questions are answered by the instructor and fellow students in a class... but as it is quite obvious (and assumed) that you are not going the Classroom course route for ITIL training and opting for the self study route

which of course has its drawbacks

Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the answers are "it depends".
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is option e and is always a valid answer
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
vt123

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Need answers to ITIL v2 Foundation Objective Questions Reply with quote

Hi UKVIKING,

I have tried answering the questions myself but my answers were different from the answers present in the study material I got. The study material is not 100% reliable, hence asking for others opinion.
I am writing below the answers I thought and the answers present in the study material.
If you feel that none of the options is correct or question is incomplete, then also inform about it.

For Q1 -- I feel answer should be A, but the answer in study material is C.
For Q2 -- I feel answer should be C, but the answer in study material is E.
For Q3 -- I feel answer should be C, but the answer in study material is E. If establishing charging policy is not IT Financial Management responsibility, then please inform whose responsibility it could be?
For Q4 -- I feel answer should be A, but the answer in study material is D.
For Q5 -- I feel answer should be C, but the answer in study material is B.
For Q6 -- I feel answer should be D, but the answer in study material is B.
For Q7 -- I feel answer should be A, but the answer in study material is D. I chose 'A', as I feel resolution of a problem occurs in change management after the raising of RFC.
For Q8 -- I feel answer should be A, but the answer in study material is C. If the answer in the Q6 is NOT 'D' i.e. Release Management, then why in this case it is 'C' i.e. Release Management.
For Q9 -- I feel answer should be B, but the answer in study material is A.
For Q10 -- I feel answer should be D or none of those, but the answer in study material is A. I don't know why we will not include Version number for each CI?
For Q11 -- I feel answer should be D or none of those, but the answer in study material is C.
For Q12 -- I feel answer should be B, but the answer in study material is D. I read in ITIL Glossary "Cost-by-Customer and Cost-by-Service are common types of Cost Model." Hence wondering how Service can not be treated as a major input cost element.
For Q13 -- It feel it should be D. There is no answer for it in the study material.
For Q14 -- I feel answer should be B, but the answer in study material is D.
For Q15 -- I initially thought it to be B as release manager will ask for approval of the change implementation and change manager can give it. This should not be combined but then why C&CM (Configuration and Change Management) are combined in 1 category including, Change Management, Configuration Management and Release Management? There is no answer for it in the study material.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
VT123
DML
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VT123

Basically you have been shafted – your study guide is a pile of pants – because the answer to q1 is D – not A or C!

I could not be bothered to read the others, but if your study material got this basic question so very wrong I would go and ask for your money back!
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vt123

I looked at the questions and your answers

My first question to you is.. is the study material Official ITIL study material or some 'discount' house version of ITIL study material ?

Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the study material gives random answers so that if you get the same answers it knows you are guessing.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
DML
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and another thing.

All of those questions are v2 mock questions...not a v3 question in sight.

Are you planning to take a v2 or v3 Foundation examination? Either way it looks as if your money has been wasted.
vt123

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Need answers to ITIL v2 Foundation Objective Questions Reply with quote

Hi All,

My apologies for typo error in the answer to the Question 1 and 3.
The study material has answer 'D' for both Q1 and Q3.
DML thanks for providing the answer for Q1.

Actually the study material contains around 100 questions and I have asked only those in which I have doubt.
One of my friend has given me these study material and even he don't know the actual source of these questions. Probably these could have be circulated for long through friend circles only.

It contains all the V2 questions and not V3.

Please help if me finding the correct answers of these questions.

Regards,
VT123
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry, but these are not difficult questions - they may not be that well-written, and I could not be bothered reading them all, but all the ones I read, I thought were basic - or would be if you had read any decent book, or used good study materials. If you take each question and read your materials, the answer should be obvious. If not, then your materials are crap.
Do you have any ITIL books, "little ITIL", Van Haren books etc.? These are all questions on topics where people realise the difference between what they had always thought, and what ITIL actually says. Q4 is a particularly good example. By lunchtime on Day 1 of a course, students would know that the Service Desk fixes Incidents, never problems, does not refer the caller to another dept., but owns the Incident, and assigns it on the user's behalf , and that the Service Desk does not rectify all faults, but uses Incident management to pass incidents to 2nd line, only when 1st line cannot fix it by using a Known Error etc.
Please do NOT consider sitting the exam until you have actually understood all these basic concepts!
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you do V2 Foundation anyway? Pretty soon the V2 certification path will no longer exist, n'est ce pas?
PMI CAPM (R)

LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYbeach wrote:
Why would you do V2 Foundation anyway? Pretty soon the V2 certification path will no longer exist, n'est ce pas?

There is still demand for V2, partly because it is useful at Foundation Level, whereas V3 Foundation is a fly-over of 27 processes, which you do not get to study in useful detail until the next level, which is expensive. Also the V2 Foundation is the only route to Manager, which is still regarded as the gold standard in ITIL, and the quickest cheapest route to V3 expert.
APMG want to kill off V2, but it is not dead yet!
And to our original poster - spend the money on a couple of good books - cheaper than re-sitting the exam,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: