Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: S4140
New Today: 31
New Yesterday: 66
Overall: 131789

People Online:
Visitors: 63
Members: 2
Total: 65 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - CMJ Case study for Managers exam March 26/27th
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CMJ Case study for Managers exam March 26/27th
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: CMJ Case study for Managers exam March 26/27th Reply with quote

Help! I have my ITIL Managers exams on the 26/27th March, using the CMJ case study, any tips, help, advice relating to this case study very very gratefully received!!
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

study

read some of the posts about the exam and study

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
kmster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I guess I was looking for more granular details from folks who have specific experience of the exam using this case study in particular, but thanks for your input none the less.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmster

Seriously what information are you expecting to get here ?

1- you obviously took the 10 day course
2- the class had sample questions every day ?

This exam is about you and your ability to understand the material and process that information and to be able to reply in your own words to the questions

please read the other posts in this forum about the manager's exam, the questions etc
Can you explain exactly what you expect from the forum

LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the case study will have been used before, it will have had different questions. The reason that there is a case-study is to test whether you can analyse a "real" situation and apply itil to it - the only reason it is given out in advance is to save reading time in the exam. Using someone else's analysis kind of misses the point!
kmster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING, I have no expectations from the forum, participation is voluntary. I am however interested in feedback folks have from the exam using this case study.

But again, thanks for your post reminding me that I need to 'Study', and that I 'attended the 10-Day course'.

For any folks out there who are about to take the exam with this case study, I have an extensive simplyfied breakdown of this case and how the ITIL processes bear relevance from a multitude of angles, I am more than happy to discuss / share / contrast views and opinions with anyone who has interest if they would find it useful.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KMSTER

I stated the bleeding obvious because the only person who will be sitting the exam will be you. None of the Red badge holder here in this forum will tell you the questions that were asked for this case study - if they can even remember the exam or its questions. The other reason is that that the questions that they saw may not be the same questions that you see.

And if they give you an idea what questions come from the C.S. as opposed the books, your study habits may adjust to 'answer the question' rather know the material and prove it.

The hard part about getting the C.S in advance is WTF to do with it and how to use it when you are studying for the exams.

I can share what I did with the C.S ; there is no guarentee it will help you

I analysed the C.S to determine which process was mentioned and not mentioned and try to answer all the questions that the instructors used to torture us with. I am sure you still have all your notes, exercises and test questions and answers from the course. I used the questions that the instructors used - which to be honest - matched very closely with what was on the exams.

I studied for a month 1 - 3 hours a night 1 process a night until I had every area - not only memorized but able to explain why i had it memorized and explain it in my own words - steps, workflows, responsibilities, roles, benefits, costs, linkage etc etc about each process

As to your last point / offer / statement.. .shouldn't every one who is taking do their own work.... as they will not be able to ask you for help during the exam and to quote a old hoary

give a man a fish... feeds him and makes him dependent on you and lazy
teach a man to fish and he wont bother you any more

I do think the offer is a nice one; however, the exam is to test the ability of the exam taker to convice the exam graders that they are able to know the material, explain the material and defend their position on the material.

kmster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING

When you were in school or at University did you study alone, when you took your ITIL course did you not play out scenarios in groups, and was not all of the aforementioned useful at the time...is discussion not the food of forums.

I am interested in networking with other folks who are in the same boat, you are not, but you insist on making posts that you think bear relevance to my situation when I know they don't, and you are combative and defensive to boot, as though I am personally asking you to chore on my behalf ....and that you must respond because you are the gatekeeper of this forum. How bizarre of you.

I notice you have almost 2000 posts into this forum. Ask yourself whether those posts are genuine, or a mechanism to serve your own need and ego in some way.
gramsay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmster wrote:
I notice you have almost 2000 posts into this forum. Ask yourself whether those posts are genuine, or a mechanism to serve your own need and ego in some way.

It depends.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gramsay

How appropriate.

Kmstr, yes... in university... i did group study and it helped (note: that was the class) but that is a physical forum

this place - as far as I can tell - is not a university nor a study group. This forum is to discuss ITIL - how to implement, issues / concerns etc.

If this was a study forum, I would expect the students to pay for the service - would nt you ? Should a forum that does that do so ?

I take on line courses and as part of the course fee.. there is a forum for study questions / students to interact while they are studying for the course.

As far as my posts go, I exist; therefore I post. I am not the gatekeeper but from I have seen what the other major posters / experts / contributers also psot.. I am usually quite accurate on a majority of posts.

Granted ... i seem to have a lot of time to post... but that is because I have the forum as one of my books marks and when i have the time or take the time... I review posts.

As to the exam and help with the exam. I think if you do a search w/in the forum about the Manager's exam (other exams too0, you will find the following

1 - advice on studying and taking the exam - writing habits, time management,
2 - professional development advice for the Red badge
3 - congrat on successful passing or commisserations on failing the exams - constructive help about what may have gone
4 - commentary about taking the exam and how hard it is (it is hard - regardless of how much studying you do. It is a timed test where you have 3 hours to read the case study, the 5 question sets - where there may be 1 -5 sub questions - which equates to 36 minutes per question set)

What you do not see is answers to questions or any posts about exam answers. Considering there are several instructors in ITIL and at least one manager's exam grader on this forum, the forum tries to be professional.

Granted.. i do get irriated by the dumb questions... but I have start to mellow out as my age get clsoer to be a 7 bit binary and I am ceased to bit the head off of the newbies. Yet... some one else now is thinking of enjoying that unofficial role.

As to being a study source, there have been several request by people asking the forum to answers to questions - foundation, etc

The usual response is

what do you think and why....
and
it depends

And finally.. yes... it does stroke my ego to see my name in print and the fact that the # of posts is going up and up... I am aiming for 9999 posts before I quit

Good luck on the exam

BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John - only another 8184 to go Smile

KMSTER - I think that between yourself and UKVIKING you have hit upon a key point with regards the case study........Identify which processes/functions are not present or not working properly and bank on there being question on those processes, the implementation of them, the potential benefits and the challenges involved. Beyond that don't get too hung up because the ITIL knowledge is transferrable and you will no doubt have to read through the case study during the exams to satisfy youself that you have covered teh salient points.

Study long and hard until you can recite everything backwards, use acronyms where possible and apply your exam techniques (do an easy question first, use bullets, leave space so you can go back and add more detail as it occurs to you (which it will)).

One other suggestion from me which is not related at all to the case study - take several different pens of varying thickness into teh exam because as you cramp up this will help.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now only 8183 to go

Tks Boris

amans5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Hi There Reply with quote

I am writing the exam on same dates as of yours. Please let me know what are you looking for ? feel free to call me at +447934718396 or mail me at soodsaheb@gmail.com for anything..

Cheers!
Walid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: CMJ Case Study on 10/May/09 Reply with quote

Dear kmster and amans5,

I would like to know your opinion how did you simplify breakdown of this case and how the ITIL processes bear relevance from a multitude of angles?

how do you answer these questions:
From Business perspective:
- What is working?
- What should be improved?

From IT perspective
- Is there any single point of failure in CMJ?
- What is the Chaos Diagram?

From ITSM perspective:
- What processes are there?
- What can you see is working?
- Where Can ITIL processes help CMJ?

my email walidn at gmail
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walid

have you taken the Manager's course - the 2 week course - 1 week for service deliver and 1 week for service support

The course - not only helps you get a deep understanding of ITIL - also as part of the course - there are usually exercises that help you learn how to answer the upcoming exam questions and how to formulate the answers

BTW: As each exam uses a different case study, there is NO real point to memorize the CS. The exam will use up to 3 questions with the CS in mind

But ..... that does not mean it has to

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: