Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: EJos
New Today: 15
New Yesterday: 71
Overall: 139504

People Online:
Visitors: 79
Members: 3
Total: 82 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Practitioner - Service Level Management Test
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Practitioner - Service Level Management Test

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve_basis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: ITIL Practitioner - Service Level Management Test Reply with quote

Hello Teams, John Hardesty,

I am sure this question may be asked in this certification forum.

I apologize if this question was addressed already. Please provide me the links and i will explore on the rest.

I have completed ITIL V3 Foundation last year November and looking forward for ITIL Practitioner in SLM (service level management). I need direction in where i can get preparation materials or onsite/offsite trainings.

Please help me in providing direction for training or any helpful links.

Thanks, Steve
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve,

Welcome to the forums. I will use the usual answer for this question.

Google magic mate Smile

I typed "ITIL Practitioner in SLM" in google and found 2, 440 results. How about you try that.

Please note that ITIL practitioner training is only given on site, its not self study, unlike the foundation.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

TCO
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was given some excellent advice by my course co-ordinator yesterday. He said when studying for an ITIL exam, use the ITIL material pretty much exclusively. The ITIL books, that is. And your course notes as well, naturally, if you are doing a course
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
steve_basis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Guys,

Thank you so much for your help!!

i think i need bit mroe details than google and yahoo. If this is onsite course, could you direct me where i can take this course and any links for website would be helpful.

Thanks,
Steve
aucade
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Okay you have two options. The lifecycle module course "Service Design" or the capability module course "Service Offerings and Agreements". Since your looking for the practioner level, I`d recommend the capability module.

I doubt you`ll find a company that can offer an off-site course. In europe there are hardly accredited companies, that have actually even executed a classroom course, even if they have dates set up. If you speak german I could recommend you the only company in Germany/France that have actually gone through all courses and that mutiple times.
steve_basis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!!

I live in US and close to Seattle, WA. please let me know if you knwo any training companies for onsite training.

Thanks,
Steve
rpmason
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve, I'm in the US but not near Seattle.

Since you took the V3 Foundations, you might want to take a V3 Intermediate course, not a V2 Practioner course.

There are many training providers in the US. There are the big players, IBM, HP, CA, and such. And there are likely smaller (local) training providers that have classes regularly in the Seattle area.

Loyalist College is the Exam Institute for the US. Google loyalist college itil exam to get to their site. See if you can find a local training provider or a big one who can come to your area.

I'd guess, to make it worthwhile to have a training provider come to your physical location (my definition of onsite), you'd probably need to have 12 people in your class.
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing, before you sign up for a course, ask them if you get the relevant ITIL book as part of the price. Accredit training organisations get the ITIL books much much cheaper
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: