Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: RBBHQ
New Today: 47
New Yesterday: 59
Overall: 146206

People Online:
Visitors: 61
Members: 1
Total: 62 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Setting up an Asset and Configuration Forum (ACF) - Help!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting up an Asset and Configuration Forum (ACF) - Help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hyperslide

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Setting up an Asset and Configuration Forum (ACF) - Help! Reply with quote

Hi,

Our Company is currently in the process of implementing an ITIL Framework which is well underway and part of this is setting up an Asset and Configuration Forum much like the CAB for Change Management. This is very new for our company and no one knows what’s involved in setting this up, so we are essentially breaking new ground. I am seeking resource information (I can’t find any or much on the internet) which will assist us in implementing this and any advice that can be provided will be of huge assistance.

Some Things I need to Know................

• Resource Information (links, PDF’s anything)
• Key Stakeholders to be involved at the ACF
• Common Agendas
• Example draft of an ACF Meeting Agenda
• Roles and responsibilities of the ACF
• Basically, I am looking for as much information on an ACF I can find that will assist me in setting this up.

I look forward to reading your responses.

Regards,
Christian
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian,

this is not quite my field of expertise, but may I suggest that you describe the objectives, scope and authority of your "forum".

This will help people here to respond with proper understanding, including myself - my mind is racing over what kind of scope such a forum could have and how it might help and how it would interface with the CAB.

If you have not yet articulated these in some detail, you may also find that, from doing so, you will derive answers to most of your questions.

I could be wrong, but I doubt if there is much of value in the public domain.

I will repeat a warning I give to people seeking examples of control forms (such as agendas):
what you will get has been designed for someone else's situation; it may give you ideas, but it may also lead you astray, it is always better to build your own, starting from a clear understanding of your own requirements and circumstances; and it is very important to have this clear understanding before you look at other examples.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
Hyperslide

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Diarmid,

Thank you for getting back to me. I understand my questions were vague, I am new the the role of a Asset and Configuration Coordinator and am still finding my feet.

I have asked my manager for a clear definition of what we are trying to achieve and will post the information one I have received it (watch this space).

In regards to agendas, very wise words. The idea behind asking for one was to get a very "rough" idea so we could see how everyone else is doing it. ZI think once I have got my head around what exactly is the role of the IT Asset and Configuration Forum this will naturally develop itself.

So for now I am waiting on my email and will get back to you.

Regards,

Christian
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My questions are basic

1 - ITIL training by your self, the teams etc
2 - ITIL awareness/ training by your compamy
3 - who / how is ITIL going to be implemented in your company

Is the company merely going to purchase a tool and think that this is all that is need or what ?

that said
asset mgmt is different from config mgmt

are the it assets in your own data center or a thirdparty ?
who orders, inventories, installs, de-installs, configures the it equipment

are you talking front end equipment - laptops, pcs, printers, switches, desk, voip phones / floor space

are you talking back end - servers, routers, switchs, firewalls

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Configuration Management All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: