Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: J1102
New Today: 65
New Yesterday: 76
Overall: 142360

People Online:
Visitors: 58
Members: 0
Total: 58

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL v3 Foundation cost
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL v3 Foundation cost

View previous topic :: View next topic  
c0de

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: ITIL v3 Foundation cost Reply with quote

Good Morning,
I am a bit confused about the cost of taking the exam, is there a clear resource that states how much it costs to take the v3 foundation exam ? how long before i renew it, and do i have to be registered in the itSMF in order to be certified ?

Thank you
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The testing company would provide a price for the test

The price is the price is the price.

You dont have to register with itSMF - but if you pass the foundation exam, you will get an offer (almost automatic) to join for 1 year for free

The training organizations that offer courses usually inform you whether or not the course fee includes the exam or not.

And they dont expire

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
tallmantim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to Prometric.com, the cost of the V3 foundation exam is US$165 through EXIN and US$160 through EXIN.

They both get you certified in the same manner.

Interestingly, I am looking at whether I can be trained by an ISEB accredited company and do the exam with an EXIN accredited company (looking at doing online training).

Cheers

Tim
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as taking the V3 Foundation is concerned, you do not need to have sat any accredited course at all, although as a tutor, I would of course recommend that you do, whether it is on-line or classroom.
You can just check the syllabus and do the mock exams available from APMG, EXIN, ISEB etc.
But Pro-metric will just take your money and let you sit the exam, no questions asked (apart from proof of identity.
In V3 the questions for all Exa,ination Institutes come from 1 central repository cshared by all, so there is no advantage/disadvantage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: