Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: SSalcido
New Today: 31
New Yesterday: 72
Overall: 139521

People Online:
Visitors: 49
Members: 0
Total: 49

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - How prevalent is a Process Improvement group in companies?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How prevalent is a Process Improvement group in companies?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fillsee226

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: How prevalent is a Process Improvement group in companies? Reply with quote

I'm a certified PM interested in moving into the process arena. I've gotten the Foundations Certification and it has peaked my interest. Do many companies cull out this area? If so, what name would the "group" be referenced? How are those groups typically organized (hierarchy)? I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to research if companies are serious about implementing ITIL.
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fill,

ITIL has been adopted by hundreds of organisations worldwide. Companies like: IBM, Microsoft, HP, British Airways and plenty more.

Try to read the "Planning to Implement Service Management" Book and see if it helps.

regards,

A
TomOzITIL_2
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some organisations invest in Process Improvement groups. I'm the Business Improvement & Process manager for a Gov shared ICT services provider with 5 staff. We also have a Service Mgt group with 10 people (Major Incident Mgrs, Enterprise Problem & Change etc).

We have 320 staff in total and are growing to 600+ over the next 3 years to bring our installed base from 12000 to 55000 seats.

The thing is that process improvement is just a part of CSI generally. I'm also concerned with other dimensions like Leadership, Culture, People (competencies), Technologies (tooling) and lastly Processes.

Everything we do has some sort of business case attached to it so investment in CSI is almost "self-funding". Hacking cost out of your operation due to GFC is a short-sighted thing to do - not to say that companies don't do this, but in the public sector we are somewhat insulated from short-term financial constraints, plus Australia's economy is one of few that is coping OK with the GFC.

So, yes, these types of groups exist but need to constantly justify their existence by producing tangible, measurable benefits - not just inmplementing ITIL for the sake of it.
TomOzITIL_2
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS:

Organisationally, I report to the Chief Operations Officer who reports to our CEO but spend my time evenly spread working with Client Engagement (Portfolio/Demand Mgt), our Strategy group, our Human Capital folks (HR), Service Transition (incl PMO) and Finance, as our Operations people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Jobs All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: